Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking at different times a day gives me different heart rates.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this.  While I try to get my walks in early in the morning, sometimes I end up doing them later in the day, or in the evenings.  I'm not really pushing myself physically, but I do notice that my day/evening walks get my heart rate higher than my morning ones:  I spend much more time in the cardio zone than the fat burn zone.  

I don't consciously try to do this, and really, the only stats that I look at during my walks are step numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I encounter that all the time too @nasacpa, glad you brought it up.

I think it is environmental and personal, I feel calmer in the morning and my HR reflects that. Nothing replaces the calmness of a sunrise walk. Later in the day there is more traffic, different sounds and activity. I envy you the days you can set the schedule, what a great way to begin a new day.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Yes, I have noticed this. I typically do my morning walks on a fasted stomach and my afternoon walks I have eaten most of my calories for the day. That's one difference, also temperature, cooler mornings and warmer afternoons. I also have a desk job, so my afternoon walks are kind of like a "I have all of this pent up energy" 🙂 My morning walks tend to "wake me up" and get me going, which keeps my heart rate lower.

I tend to expend much more energy in the afternoons, now I have scheduled my weight lifting sessions for this time, as I don't think I would do well doing weight sessions fasted...

Best Answer

I agree with the others. I get the same results.

I much prefer morning walks compared to any other time

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I agree with everyone else for the majority of the time. There are days where the pups are pulling for all their worth to catch a squirrel.. talk about a workout 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer