Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking in place

I like to walk in place or do the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's and for some reason my Fit Bit Force isn't counting these. So when I do the DVD, it only counts the ones where I walk front and back. Am I doing something wrong, anyone else have this issue, or could mine be defective? (I compared the force with my omron and force count was quite a bit lower).
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Leslie requires to pump your arms are you doing that?

I never had a problem with it not picking it up. Your arms do need to swing so if you are holding them in place it wont count

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I swing my arms (I've tried with/without weights) and even tried running in place. Very few steps register. I think it was 200 steps to the 1,000 my Omron pedometer registered, which was always very accurate. My stairs aren't counting correctly either. I sent an email to fit bit. I think mine might just be defective.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Floors you do need to go up at least 10 feet for it to register. No stopping along the way either.

It will not count them going down only up.

And it can be hills as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got manual steppers from Amazon for $40.

It has hydraulic pistons.

I walk on it while watching TV.  I have to figure out how to adjust it because the resistance is much greater than simply walking.  Maybe it's suppose to be, because it's trying to simulate going up the stairs?

Anyways, it's not cheating because a 100 steps on it makes you work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got an email back from fit bit. I had to do a reset and it seems to be working now. Thank you for your help!
Best Answer
0 Votes