Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking in treadmill

I have been walking on treadmill and have noticed that what treadmill screens says and what Fitbit Blaze says is different. The treadmill hits a mile and my Blaze is still short for the mile therefore I continue to walk.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have found if I am holding on to the rail with the arm wearing the fitbit, my steps/miles are not accurate.  I have to swing that arm, in a natural motion, in order for the steps to be counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I have been walking on treadmill and have noticed that what treadmill screens says and what Fitbit Blaze says is different. The treadmill hits a mile and my Blaze is still short for the mile therefore I continue to walk.

Keep in mind, all your Blaze can do when in a treadmill is guess how far you walked; the guess is based upon the number of arm swings during the workout times the distance stored in your User Profile for stride length.  The thing is, by definition, your Blaze will virtually always be wrong when walking on a treadmill as there is no way to predict your stride length on any given walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info
Best Answer
0 Votes