Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterproof Fitbit

ANSWERED

Are there any waterproof Fitbit? If so which one would you recommend?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Rejuve-Nate, it depends on what you need from your Fitbit device while swimming. How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? gives a better idea of what each can do. If you are happy mentally counting your pool lengths then going home to see the result on your phone most devices will do that for you. The most expensive "Sense" will display the lap count on your wrist while you are swimming, I'm not sure about the Versa but I know the Charge 5 will only give the stats when you finish.

I hope this helps but if you can be more specific with your needs I can give you more information.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Companies don't tend to use the term waterproof these days but, instead, say how water resistant a product is e.g. splashproof, or safe to 50m depth. Fitbit has a help file that shows the water resistance for each model: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598.htm

As you'll see, all recent models are safe to a depth of 50 meters

There's a good wiki page that compares the various models that might help you choose based on what functions are important to you: List of Fitbit products - Wikipedia

Best Answer

Hi!  I don't know the answer but I typed "waterproof fitbits for swimming" on Amazon.com and several came up in results.  Among those that stated "for swimnng" were  Fitbit Flex 2   Fitbit Versa 2  and Fitbit Charge 4.  If you type that into Amazon you can see possibly others, too. I don't know what to recommend because I don't know all their products, but I think my Fitbit Charge 4 is safe to wear in the shower. Here is a link to a chart from the Internet.  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598.htm#:~:text=Even%20though%20it%20may%20be,a....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Rejuve-Nate, it depends on what you need from your Fitbit device while swimming. How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? gives a better idea of what each can do. If you are happy mentally counting your pool lengths then going home to see the result on your phone most devices will do that for you. The most expensive "Sense" will display the lap count on your wrist while you are swimming, I'm not sure about the Versa but I know the Charge 5 will only give the stats when you finish.

I hope this helps but if you can be more specific with your needs I can give you more information.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Thank you for the info!  I was merely trying to help N_J58 who asked the question regarding which fitbit devices are "waterproof."  I wish I had a pool available to do lap swimming, but after we moved, I have no pool available or time to go to a pool/gym.  I am very active and do speed walking almost daily and other exercises for seniors (for sustaining balance, tone and flexibility) such as Tai Chi, Pilates, and Qi Gong. Again, I appreciate the info and this is my first time interacting within the "Community."  It's a great resource! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing the Wiki page!  That chart is trying a great resource for anyone looking to purchase/compare a new fitbit;  OR to better understand that their current device can/can't do, especially if they are inheritiing it from a relative or purchasing second hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Rejuve-Nate , I'm pleased you think so, there are a lot of us out here ready, willing and able to help. It's always nice when someone says "Thank you"

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer