Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear that fitbit on your ankle for a more accurate count of your steps and mileage!!!!

After having wore my fitbit on my wrist as instructed, and assuming it was accurate for quite sometime, I came to find out that it is completely inaccurate as I apparently do not swing my arms enough while walking for it to catch all the steps!  I now wear it on my ankle, don't miss a step count or the correct number of miles. I have checked it to be sure of it's accuracy now several times, by re-driving my walking route with my car, having the odometer set to start at zero.  🙂 
Fitbit needs to make an ankle strap for the bit  to slip into, but.......the large band fits my ankle perfectly, so all is well!!!!  Just thought I'd share incase their are others who have noticed that they are only being credited for half their walk!! 🙂 
Have a blessed day, y'all!!! 
Vicki #fitbitankle.jpg

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

Perhaps Fitbit prefers that it is worn on the wrist as it is visible to all and better for marketing?  Just a thought…

Best Answer
0 Votes

In theory, the best place to wear a Fitbit (so pedaling = steps) would be on one's thigh, close to their knee.

That motion is very close to the arm-swing monitored during walking, and one thigh would count both steps.

The lower pockets in cargo shorts might be close enough, if a heart rate is not required.

For hand-triking (and similar), the ideal place to wear the Fitbit would be on one's upper arm, near their elbow (for the same reasons).

Argali/Inspire 3 ⛮ ₍⭖⁾
"Run in such a way as to attain the prize,
a crown that will last forever!"
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a noticed that it is very much inaccurate .I just bought the fitbit charge 5 and it has the same issues and I am thinking of getting a large band to wear it on my ankle..My problem I I am a braider so when I do someone's  hair my wrist moves alot and the fitbit uses it as counts for steps that I am not doing..So I need to move it to my ankle because at least there it will only count my steps and not me braiding or doing kitchen work.If you sit and just move your wrist the steps get counted..I will be happy if they made one for the Ankle.

Best Answer

They have ankle straps available on amazon that are compatible with most fit bits $8.99-$13.99. Definitely worth it and adjustable!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine a long time ago on eBay. It is nylon and adjustable for ankle
or wrist.

Sent from my mobile device. 😎
Best Answer

Sorry Haybales but you’re full of hot air. Sure if you’re counting steps while jogging there would be an impact. I’ve tested my band & it only accounts for 1/3rd of my steps. If you’re working with your hands, carrying things or holding on to things as I do bc I’m older it only works accurately on my ankle.

Best Answer

I sewed a piece of wide rubber band to mine so I could slip it on my cubby ankle (I’m 74). It lasts longer if I place a sock over it too but regardless when on my wrist it only accounts for 1/3rd of my steps. 

Best Answer

Oh!! I’m not interested in purchasing anything else. The Fitbit Versa 2 works very well as long as it’s on my ankle!!

Best Answer

That’s what a ‘step’ is! Moving one foot @ a time in front of the other. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All the extra features make it more like a game for me. I have to beat my previous "scores" each week. 

Best Answer

Yes, yes, yes!! Get It Done!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use to wear my fit bit on my ankle every day for the same reason.   They do make straps for your ankles. But now that I have a new for bit when I wear it on my ankle the step do not transfer over to the workweek hustle.  I’m not sure why this is.  But it bothers me because there are 2 other people in the workweek hustle.  Do you have any thoughts on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where exactly on my ankle to I wear my versa 3 in order to pick up my heart rate? Can you send me a pic?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just put it around my ankle with the watch face on the side facing the
other ankle if my feet are close together. This seems to be close to the
pulse in your ankle.

Sent from my mobile device. 😎
Best Answer
Wear anywhere on either ankle.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It's for steps and mileage. For heart rate, it must be on your wrist or
chest.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I've got about 6 years experience that disagrees with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I use a roller walker so wearing it on my wrist would be pointless!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bru, If you take it off the band and wear it in one of their clips inside your
shirt, it might tell you the steps and heart rate at the same time. That
can be useful when practicing to get your speed up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Kacky, I will try that. I'm not getting accurate counts wearing it on my ankle.

Best Answer
0 Votes