Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear that fitbit on your ankle for a more accurate count of your steps and mileage!!!!

After having wore my fitbit on my wrist as instructed, and assuming it was accurate for quite sometime, I came to find out that it is completely inaccurate as I apparently do not swing my arms enough while walking for it to catch all the steps!  I now wear it on my ankle, don't miss a step count or the correct number of miles. I have checked it to be sure of it's accuracy now several times, by re-driving my walking route with my car, having the odometer set to start at zero.  🙂 
Fitbit needs to make an ankle strap for the bit  to slip into, but.......the large band fits my ankle perfectly, so all is well!!!!  Just thought I'd share incase their are others who have noticed that they are only being credited for half their walk!! 🙂 
Have a blessed day, y'all!!! 
Vicki #fitbitankle.jpg

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

thanks for the tip i will try it tomoorow

Best Answer
0 Votes

Avery funny reply great humour 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it’s an added bonus that it looks like you have a rather snazzy police tag. at least you don’t need to be in the house for 7pm

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny!! I always wear long pants when out in public!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Trickapro: You must mean an Ankle Bracelet.
Best Answer
Yes, Anklet Bracelet....Anklet. Not so cute on a 70 something ankle though. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been wondering about doing this since I noticed my step count go up drastically, when it should have gone down a bit. I changed jobs recently, and whereas I used to work on in a retail store on the salesfloor, I now spend the majority of my day standing at a table packing boxes, and my Fitbit counts my hands moving all over the place! Thanks for posting 😊

Best Answer
My fitbit says I'm sleeping when in my recliner watching Dr Oz & Dr Phil too! I just delete that from the record. I love it anyway and like seeing the sleep chart and heart rate too Hope you enjoy your new job. Away from the public can be much more peaceful!
Best Answer
0 Votes

For me even if it is as accurate or not it will stay on my wrist so I can start walk outs easy, see the time, notifications etc.  Also I will be honest here, there is no way I would be able to place it on my ankle on a regular basis when I have trouble with just my socks.   

the fitbit is a tool  to help me keep motivated and keep moving the number of steps is irrelevant its the exercise and getting moving that is important.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I clip it on my shoe.  I use a walker or cane so it doesn’t record steps accurately.  Try tucking it in the inner cuff of your sock

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, yes!! We each need to find the way our Fitbit is the best help for our own situation! 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, thanks, that's another idea, clipping on our shoes. I think we would have to be ok with giving up the heart rate monitoring though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an Awesome idea as I feel mine is not accurate most of the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have a pulse on your ankle as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, RWBallato, that's why it's great on the ankle too....but clipped on my shoe?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this when my strap broke put the fitbit down my wellies when doing my dog walking it recorded 10 000 steps plus so I 've gone from recording 12,000 to 22 000 and on really busy days 32 000 ! So new strap arrived and it will be on my ankle for walking and wrist for other activities 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

no i actually meant police tag 

Electronic GPS tags to track thousands of criminals in England and Wales https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47256515 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://yoyoliving.com/2019/09/30/my-mini-cycler-is-proving-my-fitbit-can-be-useless/ 

Does Amazon have straps long enough to go around your ankle? Or should I look elsewhere? 

I have the large strap that came with my Fitbit but it isn't long enough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have a strap that fits my ankle so I cut off the top of a sock, slipped it onto my ankle and wrapped the open band Fitbit around my ankle under the sock top. Someone said Amazon has some band extensions for some models of fitbit. I bought a mesh band which I really like but it doesn't fit my ankle either.
Best Answer
0 Votes