Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear that fitbit on your ankle for a more accurate count of your steps and mileage!!!!

After having wore my fitbit on my wrist as instructed, and assuming it was accurate for quite sometime, I came to find out that it is completely inaccurate as I apparently do not swing my arms enough while walking for it to catch all the steps!  I now wear it on my ankle, don't miss a step count or the correct number of miles. I have checked it to be sure of it's accuracy now several times, by re-driving my walking route with my car, having the odometer set to start at zero.  🙂 
Fitbit needs to make an ankle strap for the bit  to slip into, but.......the large band fits my ankle perfectly, so all is well!!!!  Just thought I'd share incase their are others who have noticed that they are only being credited for half their walk!! 🙂 
Have a blessed day, y'all!!! 
Vicki #fitbitankle.jpg

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285
I have the flex2 and I ordered off of Amazon 😉

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon has a 12 piece set that was less than $15

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK, I ordered through Amazon too but it's the B-great band and I think it's ugly. Will look again. TY
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds perfect....I'll look again. TY
Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree and this is a great acknowledgement by you. I notice most of my walking is when I’m at the grocery store or out shopping pushing a cart and I’m not getting credit in my stats for this. My problem is my ankles are much bigger than yours and the large wrist strap doesn’t work. You should write to them to recommend this. Heck you should get a piece of the profits. All they really need to do is make a much longer band that will fit a wide range of ankle sizes. Smart idea girl! 

Best Answer

Some of us only have the inspire without the heart rate tracking. Steps are what matters to those of us who need the ankle solution. I don’t think your ankle would provide a read on a heart rate/pulse anyway. Pretty sure only a wrist can do that 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but I don't think they would be interested. I believe you can get a
ankle strap from Amazon. You can just tuck into your sock. Or join two
straps cheers Suzanne
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ordered a stainless steel mesh band and really like it better for my wrist. I tried the large for my ankle & it just wasn't big enough. Would REALLY prefer the narrower mesh band for my ankle too Having a big wide strap (the Be-Great one)around an already big ankle isn't attractive! 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually just made my own using a scrunchy and some Velcro,but thanks. It’s already helping!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This one is pretty big....
https://amzn.to/3cWc1kp
I don’t think your ankle would provide a read on a heart rate/pulse anyway.
It most certainly does. Just keep the sensor around back on the meat. Not on the shin bone.

IMG_20200704_181817.jpg

Best Answer
Yes, that's the one I have and I certainly do get the heart rate. I just think the strap is too wide and ugly for an already big ankle.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I put a sock over mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but my device is the regular inspire, not the HR. It does not record HR and I made my own ankle “belt” with a hair scrunchy and some Velcro. I appreciate your response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi we were referring to the Fitbit flex 2 which doesn't monitor heart rate
or pulse . It's the very basic model. Cheers Suzanne
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know what your talking about. I never needed heart rate, nor inquired about it. It was never an issue. My post/response/inquiry was about getting accurate steps/mileag around my ankle. My device doesn’t monitor heart rate. When you say”we” I’m not sure who you are referring to. I was speaking to the person who started the post. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for sharing this! I just got my Fitbit about 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten much figured out! I’m gonna have to watch some videos or something 😂 Anyway, I did however notice that it was all about the arm swinging, an ankle strap is an awesome idea and I’ll be using this from now on. Ty again 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to have to order one and try this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to help!
Best Answer
I had to read a lot of stuff to get going with fitbit too. I've had it for a yr and a half and love it. I'm 74.
Best Answer

I got mine about 2 weeks or so ago and am still trying to figure out all of the functions and how to read all my data! I tend to make things more complicated than they have to be 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes