Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I missing here?

Hi Fitbit community, I have lurked for a while but not many posts (pretty sure this is my first). Anyways I've used a Fitbit for a few years inconsistently unfortunately and over the years there is one thing that has stood out to me, it seems that there is a real lack of a great game that incorporates your steps. I've played quite a few (walkr, wakamon,fitrpg which I liked before they went belly up, some garden one) but haven't been impressed. 

So there are 3 potential reasons I can think for this happening. 

1 there is a game out there I don't know about (entirely likely) 

2 There isn't the interest out there in something like this, people get fitbits and pedometers to improve health and a game could be seen as a hinderanr to this.

3 The right game hasn't been made yet.

basically I have (what I think) could be a pretty fun and motivation game idea. I'm thinking about making it but know that it is going to be a big investment in terms of time. I'd like to gauge what the community thinks about games and wearables.

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Jdoster06,

If you have a Charge 2, there is the Fitbit Flight Game, which uses your daily goals.

If you want to develop something yourself, a good place to start is the Web API forum on this site.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thank you! 

Best Answer

I like Zombie Run!  Unfortunately, my phone crashed so I lost all my progress. 😞  I haven't really played since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have zombie 5k and zombies run. I only played the 5k one so far, in Run is it an acutal game or just a story as well..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think back to last summer when the pokemon thing happened and suddenly people were walking everywhere. They were also walking into each other, but that's a different story. I think there is a strong like for games out there especially with the younger generations. Why not go for it?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I haven't played those games, so I'm having trouble seeing how it would work with Fitbit. It seems like it would just be a regular phone app that would encourage activity? As far as I know, fitbits only work directly with the fitbit app. But maybe I'm wrong here?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks! i think i will.. going to be a long journey but I'm hoping for the best.

Best Answer
0 Votes