Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your fitness goals for 2022?

Hi everyone! 

It’s really common to go over-indulge in December and then set unachievable goals as a response. Instead, it really pays to take a step back, and make a plan that is challenging, but also realistic and personal to us. 

I personally want to find a better way to organize my workout at home, to manage my time better and mostly I'll be focusing on being more consistent throughout the year.

What about you? What are some of the fitness goals that you have for 2022? Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas. 

2022.jpg

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

At the beginning of 2020 I weighed 165 on a trajectory to get to 155 by year end. Covid shut that down but I was able to work in the yard clearing a forest of Japanese honeysuckle around the house to keep some activity. Still I inched up to 170 by the start of 2021. 

This year I changed my diet a bit - less sugars and cut out alcohol (alcohol is poison is my new mantra) - and continued to work around the yard and maintained my weight at 170. I did, however, lose muscle tone.

For the next year I plan on working on muscle tone and core strength perhaps by going back to the gym or through calisthenics. I plan on experimenting with diet changes to see what works for me. I plan on resuming the weight loss with a goal right now of 160 by years end.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My only goal so far is to run another half marathon.  I ran my first half in April 2019 with very little training.  This time, I want to use a proper training plan, up my weekly mileage, and be consistent not only with the training but clean up my diet a bit as well (less sweets).  I'd also like to shave 15 minutes off my half marathon time, which means bringing my pace down by about 1 minute.  I think I can do it, so I'm going to try!  🙂

And maybe, if all goes well, I'll try to run another half in the fall, but I haven't thought that far out yet.  It's just an idea.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thanks, @wtksk8r! I plan on experimenting with diet changes as well and lose some extra weight. Let us know about your progress! 

Wow that's a great goal and very motivational, @Heather-S! Consistency and cleaning up our diet is definitely important for many of us this next year! 😀

Best Answer

Inspired by @Rich_Laue I bought a unicycle at the beginning of the pandemic and taught myself to ride it. I'll be coming up on 2 years of nearly daily riding in late March. Now @Heather-S has me thinking about longer distances. About once week I do an 11-12 mile ride that takes me about 2 hours. In 2022 I think I need to do a 22 mile ride at least once 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott the most I've done is about 5 miles on a giraffe model. 10 on a 3 footer.

I do have a sister in Laurel so do get down to your neck of the woods. 

What is my plan? I need to seriously think this out. The company has been bought out and things are changing. Getting a little more than crazy. May just be time to retire. 

Best Answer

My fitness goal for 2022 is to move more. I currently walk 4000-5000 steps a day (except for a Saturday, when it is 1500). 

My health goal is to eat more healthier, and lose 2 stone. I am signed up to The Ultimate Food Diary, and I am apart of a Weightwatchers forum on FB. I like to drink alcohol on a Friday, and if I am honest, I enjoy it as a social thing. The alcohol affects my food choices and my motivation to move, so I need to make small changes here too.

I am so going to achieve my goals throughout 2022!!!! 

P.S. Yes, I am on here on Christmas day, I am setting up my new Fitbit! 

Best Answer

@Heather-S just sign up for a few races now to have something to train for. Nothing motivates so well as the upcoming race. Worked for me in 2021. Despite running for a few years it never occurred to me to enter races until one of my friends looked at my times and distances on Strava and told me to try racing 😄 So, in 2021 I started. Now, I do one long race every month (except this month due to catching covid) and signed up for three half-marathons (January, February and March) so there's something to train for. Some of the races I want to run easy (just to complete) and when the event starts my competitive nature (until now, I didn't know I had one) kicks in. I just hope covid won't leave any issues that could stop me from running. In 2022 I want to fill a display cabinet with finisher medals from all-over-UK trail races. A secondary goal would be London Marathon but securing a place in it is not so easy so I have very little chance to enter it.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for sharing your goals, @Baltoscott @Rich_Laue @KekeC1989 @t.parker!  

It's interesting to read how everyone has different objectives for the next year, they all sound great! I wish you a lot of success 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

My goals for 2022 include:

• hitting 10,000 steps everyday
  • losing 10 pounds and maintaining that weight loss
  • Work my way up to being able to run on the treadmill for 3 miles without stopping

I could probably name a whole bunch more but this is what I am starting the year off with.  Will re-evaluate as the year progresses!

Best Answer

Those sound great, @Carrie71! Thank you for sharing.

I definitely want to reach 10,000 steps everyday for next year as well, I want to make it a priority. 😎

Best Answer

@t.parker - I love the idea of finisher medals from all-over-UK trail runs.  If I liked running I would definitely do the US equivalent.  A couple of years ago I signed up for 8 ‘bike and beers’ races in 5 different states. Only wound up doing 4 of them (work still interferes with travel), but I had a blast at all four and really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I am starting simple with:

loose 5 lbs in january

only drink on the weekend (Fr/Sa) evening

keep weight sterady in February

loose another 5 lbs in March

keep weight steady

check cholesterol / Triglycerides in June

Best Answer

That sounds good, @Genetix71! It's a well organized and achievable plan. Thank you for sharing! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked over 3 Million steps last year.  (I checked my Fitbit log) I plan to increase that to 3.5 million this year. So, it is an average of 11,000 steps per day.   Also, I plan on losing 7 pounds to place me in the right weight range.  

Best Answer

@t.parker Races are definitely motivating.  I like having something to work towards, even if it's just easy runs.  I also love getting finisher medals and I want to get a medal rack to put up in front of my treadmill so every time I run, I can look at my medals.  I only have two finisher medals currently, one from a 10K I did in 2018 and my half marathon medal in 2019.  None of the other races (5Ks) I've done have offered them, so I want to start looking into 5Ks and 10Ks that offer them.

In the US, we also have the 50 State Challenge, where you try to run a half (or full) marathon in every US state.  That would be hard for me to do since I'm 36.  If I ran a half marathon race in two different states, it would still take me 24 years.  I hope I'm still running into my 60s, haha!

I ordered a Runners wall calendar that will go up next to my treadmill and I'll use that to plan my daily/weekly mileage.  

Unfortunately, I've been down with COVID since Wednesday, so I won't be doing any running until at least Monday the 3rd and maybe not even that soon.  😞

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S what being 36 has to do with it? 🙂 Of course, I understand travelling to 50 states it's an enormous logistic challenge. The US is a big country and travelling during a pandemic is always under a question mark but I wouldn't put your age here as a factor (and you made me feel old, I'm 40 😞 ). True, that with age come responsibilities and most of us are not that logistically movable anymore but nothing is impossible. I'm actually very inspired by Jenny Fischer (don't mistake her with Jenna Fischer who played Pam Beesley on "The Office US" 😉 ) (https://www.instagram.com/jenny.lemonpie/?hl=en) who started rock climbing very late in her life (pretty much the same as I did) and took a big leap in her life dedicating everything to that sport (well, she became a full-blown pro-athlete sponsored by FrictionLabs). It is very uncommon to become a pro-athlete so late yet not impossible. I don't think I will ever be able to drop everything and dedicate entirely to sport but it's good to know that age doesn't make me obsolete 🙂 In running, age will make you slower but it won't make it impossible.

Good luck recovering from Covid. I have had it since the 22nd (the first positive lateral flow test). My self-isolation will end on the 4th but if I get two consecutive negative lateral flow tests within 24 days I can stop isolating myself. So I test myself every day waiting until that **ahem** T line won't appear 😄

Best Answer

I started taking my health a lot more seriously as of last year, so this year will be a much more linear focus on that.

Specifically, I'd like to meet my weight loss goal, meet my daily water goal, my workout goal of 4x/week, and really just work hard to educate my other friends why its so important to be accountable for our health while we are still relatively young.

Spiritually; I'd love to meditate and practice yoga more. I'm a Buddhist, and I've been slacking. 🙂

Best Answer

My ultimate goal is to walk 2022 miles in 2022.  I've also participated in many 5k "races", but always walked. I'm not a runner, but I would like to commit to jogging a 5k by the end of the year. 

I would also like to lose weight (I was once 320 lbs and am now 223), but I'm not being specific because I feel that focusing on being more active and setting fitness goals will help the weight come off.  

Best Answer

I have the Versa 3. Do you know if there is a way to check how many steps I walked total in 2021? I want to beat the steps in 2022. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes