Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your fitness goals for 2022?

Hi everyone! 

It’s really common to go over-indulge in December and then set unachievable goals as a response. Instead, it really pays to take a step back, and make a plan that is challenging, but also realistic and personal to us. 

I personally want to find a better way to organize my workout at home, to manage my time better and mostly I'll be focusing on being more consistent throughout the year.

What about you? What are some of the fitness goals that you have for 2022? Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas. 

2022.jpg

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Hello all,

I walked a lot in 2021, around 6.5 milion steps. And I succeded in loosing 32 kg.
My plan for 2022 is to replace some walking with some other sports (maybe start running, kangoo jumps, swimming if possible) and also to keep walking on a regular basis. This was my theraphy that balanced the stress this year, gave me "Me time" and kept me away from emotional eating. I want to offer me this time in the future also, so I can at least maintain the weight (it would be good to loose some more kg but not a must at first). 2021 was about finding myself, about putting myself on top in my priority list and in 2022 I want also to keep me there.  
Last year in January I had no hope that I can succed, now I am pround of me and what I discovered with every step I made. 

Best Answer

For the first time ever, I am doing dry January. I need a reset on some bad habits I picked up over the past year or so. Not to mention 10 pounds. Should be an interesting time in our household 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@DoroM-- from your web dashboard switch to "log" then select "activities" select "today" to bring up the box that lets you select beginning and end dates, and then select the January 1, 2021 for the first date, and December 31, 2021 for the second date. (examples below for different dates).

Selecting dates ...Selecting dates ...Dates selected ...Dates selected ...

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

The goal until the summer of 2022 is to gain muscle mass)

Best Answer
  • Get down to 17% bf by May 1st. I'm currently at 24% bf (down from 38% in June).
  • Get my mile time under 10 minutes.
  • Run a 5k.
  • Develop 👏 visible 👏 abs.
  • Transition from weight loss to maintenance and learning everything that comes with that.
Best Answer

Gandhi_0-1642828192974.png

To continue doing well and maybe even better in 2022

Also, inspire my patients to be fitter 

Namaste 

Dr.Gandhi

Delhi, India.

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Keep going Emili/Elena

Namaste 

Dr.Gandhi

India

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer
0 Votes

1 out of 12. 11 more to go 😁

20220123_172530.jpg

Pity, I missed my run on 9th of January due to Covid. Next half-marathon on 5th February so only two weeks to prepare. But one run closer to the goal 😁

Best Answer

199,,,onederland is my goal

Best Answer

2 out of 12! January and February goals complete 😁

20220205_111014.jpg

This trail half-marathon was the hardest I ran so far. I'm so surprised I finished it under 2 hours and 21 of 325 😯. Next race by end of March so almost 2 months to recover 😁

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

I love reading about your experiences, thanks everyone for sharing your goals for this year. It's great to see how everyone is adjusting to this new normal and how you've been able to stay on track with your fitness goals.

Feel free to share your progress with us throughout the year! 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Loss some weight and working on being physically fit. 

Best Answer

Goal update: 3 out of 12 🙂 March trail half-marathon ticked.

20220326_141149.jpg

This one makes me very happy as I broke 1hr40min (very technical course but relatively flat).

I don't have any trail HM for April in my calendar so signed up for regular one in two weeks time. My knees don't like paved surfaces but hoping for the best.

Best Answer

Hi all)
I don't have a specific goal for 2022 yet, but my year is off to a very good start nonetheless)
Now I moved to my aunt's house, it's just a delightful coniferous forest, I run at least 7 km every morning.
The air here is just the purest)
I feel as healthy as possible.

Best Answer

Well, the half marathon in April isn't happening for me. I sustained a knee injury after a 7.5 mile run back in February. I had to take time off even from my daily walking in order to recover.

It's been almost 6 weeks and I did my first run since the injury this morning. So I'll be taking it easy as I get back into running, but I don't think I'll be doing any long distance running anytime soon.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S I was actually going to address you being curious how that was going. Such a pity you experienced that injury. Well... Now your goal is to be back stronger which is quite challenging. During my trail races, I met a guy (a really good runner) who was a regular of that trail events series. After finishing the Kingley Vale event (my February HM), I checked the ranking and I found him somewhere at the end and it came up he suffered a knee fracture injury. 7 weeks of break from running and now slowly he's getting back on his feet (running/walking). People are made to come back stronger.

This week (Sunday) I will run my April HM but this one makes me worried. It's all paved and my right knee isn't a big fan of paved surfaces. I will wear knee support for this race and hope that I won't join the "Club of Fractured Knees" 😄

Get well and get faster and stronger!

Best Answer

@t.parker Best of luck today!  Hope you have a great event!

Knee injuries are no joke.  I ran twice this week and I've been icing it here and there just to make sure I keep any inflammation down.  Been doing plenty of walking though.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

4 out of 12 done 🤗

@Heather-S thanks!  Here's the result:

20220410_121458.jpg

It came up to be trail run, no pavements at all. I thought it would be road race (convinced by friend of mine who ran it, too). Lucky for me, it was quite a nice trail. I guess the word "common" should ring a bell. But happy with finish time of 1:36:33 and 20th place 🙂

Next HM, in May, will be a mountain trail run so no more toying around, things are getting serious 🤣

Best Answer

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-20 at 2.14.07 PM.jpegNot mine 

but to make every cancer patient on follow up to be fitter and more healthier this year 

Namaste 

Dr.Gandhi

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Hi, my name is SexyPuddin it's a nick name my Hubby's calls me. Or he'll just call me his Puddin. I think it's cute. My goals for 2022 is to just live my best life and be healthy happy. Life's so short now a days you really have to enjoy every moment. My fitness goes are to lose weight and get my A1c down to a healthy level. It's a struggle for me because I love junk food, mostly sweets. It's a daily challenge for me. My hubby and daughter love snacks. And in case you're wondering I do keep all the healthy snacks for myself being a type 1 diabetic. Hey, I'm only humans so yup I cheat go for their snacks sometimes. I know its naughty but fun, and I don't do it all the time. Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts. Take care everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes