Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your fitness goals for 2023?

PXL_20221012_223211460.jpgHey everyone - starting a new topic for 2023! 

We're only a week in 2023, so it's the perfect time to discuss what we are hoping to accomplish for the year. Feel free to update this thread as you reach milestones! 

For me: I've had some injuries that I'm working through but recently adopted a dog (see photo - our gorgeous Mimi) so hitting 10k steps a day should be a given! I'd also like to do more low-impact strengthening workouts, like barre and pilates. 

What about you all? Let me know! 

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Quick update on my 2023 goal:

After the first 100 days of the year - 

17188 floors

32.55 miles of ascent

I'm trying to get enough in the bank for those days when we go off boating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vidd That is so impressive! Great job!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

IMG_0307.jpeg

these are my boys, Maverick (German Shorthair Pointer) and Brom (Boston Terrier). They are my motivation. When the weather permits we go on hikes and walks around the town. We live in the Pacific Northwest and right now it’s wet lol. 

Best Answer

@Gypsystarr Great dogs!  I bet those two give you a fair bit of cleaning after those wet walks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gypsystarr -- those two look like they just got back from a looong hike.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

what you have to do is set a realistic goal for weight loss. What can you do this year without hurting yourself? Set a goal of about 10 to 15 pounds and then work slowly to meet it. I set a ten year goal to lose 30 pounds and met it. Use the goal to set your step, distance and whatever else. Be realistic. 

I set a ten year goal and met it. You can do the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And we have a new family member, a Labrador mestizo, so I have at least two walks a day in my life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bozzdivine That's very exciting about your new dog - can we have a picture, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

30th April

Update on my goal:

April went very well, with 6595 floors, so I'm now up to 21630 for 2023.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, yes. Especially since she's such a beautyЭ.jpgЭ2.jpg

Best Answer

I uploaded a photo yesterday, but for some reason I can't find my post anywhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bozzdivine Maybe try again?  Did the photo exceed the size limit, perhaps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Эд.jpgЭп.jpg

Best Answer

Great lab, @Bozzdivine!

Time for my monthly update.  I really went for it in May, averaging 234.9 floors per day for a total of 7282.  That's now put my total at 28914, which is 54.76 miles.

I'm now easing off, partly because I bashed my knee on the piano stool.  It was already starting to hurt from a previous accident, and this got the other side of the knee, so although going up hill isn't too bad, all walking is quite tricky and coming downhill is really hard.  Ouch!

Best Answer

Monthly update time!  I eased off a bit, but not too much.  Luckily, the bash on the right knee got less painful, and I bought a good knee strap as well, so although not totally fixed, I can still get round.

5925 floors in June, bringing my total for the year to 34839 - 65.98 miles.

It's a bit quiet on this thread......!

Best Answer

Hi, I'm new to the forum, from oklahoma and have been working out at the gym for over a year. Once I got off the treadmill and did weight focused workouts, I seen results immediately...finally. I have now lost 26 pounds down from 200 and I'm only 5'1. Gotta keep going and very excited.

Best Answer

Congratulations @Finefifty. Weights are great way to get or keep yourself fit. That's usually the only reason I go to the gym. My cardio is mostly bikes, walks and hikes. I hope the knee is continuing to heal @Vidd 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @Baltoscott - I've put latest news of the knee(s) in the FYI July thread.  The bruising on the right knee went fairly quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally want to get my abs and toned legs back, after croissants and macarons, I look like a sausage...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am the same way. It seems like I was on a downward trajectory two weeks ago, and so I took a little rest, only to find out that I gained back 2 lbs. Yikes!!!! Well, we are all in this together, and we can do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes