Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most amount of steps anyone has ever walked in a single day?

I am just curious about the most steps walked in a single day. I have 45,000, and it was tough getting that badge.

Best Answer
259 REPLIES 259

@Daveygravey I think your estimate is about right. I have done 131.6k using 22.5 of 24 hours and I have a lady friend (somewhat higher cadence) that has done 142.2k. I expect that a hardened endurance racer (80-90% light running, 10-20% walking) might reach 180k (8k/hr avg, 22.5 hr). I believe Fitbit's thinking is similar: a long distance runner can easily turn 165-170 steps/min (~10k/hr, particularly if more emphasis is placed on cadence than on stride length & power), then allow 1/2 hour for essential stops, everything else on-the-fly: maximum daily allowed steps 235k!  I think that the mental commitment is at least as difficult as needing great fitness. However, I would not recommend the "reasonably fit" go out and try it as a one-time thing - increased chance of injury and you'll probably regret it for a couple of weeks after. Better to spend a few (many?) months training up to it so you know capabilities and what to expect. 

Best Answer
Glad you agree as my post bucks the trend. Also agree that it's not to be
recommended as I've never had pain like it. I knew the pain was coming I
blame the work week hussle ( I lost by 4k) and soreness is still a 7 out of
ten 2 days later.
People will always get suspicious of high achievement and your post makes
perfect sense as to maximum capabilities
Best Answer

Have been motivated by step challenges lately. My general math is 7ish hours of "hiking" (light running on the flat areas) to get 50k steps as you can see in the screenshots below. Tomorrow on the quest for 150k steps to coincide with Canada's 150th BirthdayIMG_7294.PNG

IMG_7705.PNG

Best Answer

23,000 steps

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer

I'm seeing some very impressive numbers by folks here.  Since using Fitbit my highest single day step total is 43k (basically walking to and from my not-so-local-church).  However, before Fitbit...while I was stationed in Germany during the late 80's, and in the best shape of my life, I walked and ran in the volksmarches the different cities, towns, and villages hosted.  Most of them were 10 kilometers and a few included 20k distances and it should be noted that some of these volksmarches had some serious elevation changes.   But once I participated in a rare 50k volksmarch which equates to something like 65k steps.  That was the most amount of steps I walked in a single day...and there were a ton of elevation changes.  My dogs were howling afterwards.  I just wish I'd had a Fitbit recording all the fun.Volksmarching along the Mosel RiverVolksmarching along the Mosel River

Best Answer

My best it was 32k normally i get 13 to 16k dailySmiley Happy

Best Answer

My new best: 31,036 on June 16. We were in NYC and we walked from our Soho hotel to lower Manhattan to do a walking tour, from there to lunch, to meet near South Street Seaport to do an interactive theatre/scavenger hunt-type thing. We took an Uber to get to dinner (we had reservations), and then walked from there back to our hotel, stopping at a few places on the way. I'd love to hit 35,000, but I don't know if that's going to happen. There's a Meetup that does urban hikes (although a recent one went along trails in Rock Creek Park) that I want to try to do once or twice a month when I can. I can easily get to about 22k in a day on those, including the walking around before and after that.

Best Answer

My best was 64,798 on 20th May 2017. We hiked the Yorkshire 3 Peaks for charity in a walking time of 9 and half hours - distance of 24.7 miles. It was tough because of the hills we had to climb. I am sure if it was a flat walk I could have walked further and longer. Here's to going for 70,000!!

Best Answer

Yesterday for the first time I walked 68,420 steps 

Best Answer

I have done 68,420 steps yesterday

Best Answer

I did 68,420 steps yesterday and that was the first time ever and I was tired. 300,000 is almost impossible your legs knees would give out cause at 65k that's when I felt it

Best Answer

My wife and I walked 51 miles in one day and that was done in 18 hours. It was hard but we are going for 65 miles after we heal of course. Lol

Best Answer

45,000 for me on the last day of Glastonbury festival. That site is HUGE. Safe to say I was exhausted.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daily best was 58000 steps.  It was a hike that hit five peaks all over 9500 ft and an elevation that never went below 8000 ft.  All over looking Lake Tahoe.  Finished with a leap in the lake and then had to work a flight at the airport.

Best Answer

I did 100,000 yesterday 

Best Answer

Wow, well done! How long took you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have some fit bit challenge acquaintances that work at the railroad yard.  They walk the length of trains all day and constantly rack up high numbers like that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those posts ARE humanly impossible.  86,400 seconds in 24 hours.  Regular paced fitness walking is about 2.x steps per second.  A distance run is about 3 steps per second.  A sprint is about 4.5 to 5 steps per second.  Sprinting speeds are required to reach these numbers but cannot me maintained for anywhere near 24 hours.  I wonder if the guy logging 300,000 steps in a day runs a jack hammer, tamper, or a concrete vibrator.  🙂

Best Answer
I wouldn't lie about my numbers I started at 7am ended at 1159pm that's how
I got 68k
Best Answer
0 Votes

76,000 steps is my record

Best Answer