Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most amount of steps anyone has ever walked in a single day?

I am just curious about the most steps walked in a single day. I have 45,000, and it was tough getting that badge.

Best Answer
259 REPLIES 259
Here is the most I have ever done 69,621 steps
Best Answer

It changed, just got 100,000 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I did 61k steps in one day and I am still dreaming of reaching to 70k steps perhaps gotta do it next week but have to get up really early hahaha. I just started walking in the morning a month ago and really I feel so good and light. Every morning I walk 2 to 3 hours but If I wanna reach that 70k steps probably heaps of hours lolz, unless I am going to zumba, u-jam and body combat classes which we are working on so many steps lol.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Is age a factor?  I use fitbit to maintain and hopefully improve the collateral blood supply to my right leg after blocking the artery to it following a car crash 40 years ago - I am now 71 years old.  I have ischaemic pain in the leg if I run, jog or walk fast but I wanted to drive my leg hard  for the personal challenge  - so I did over 70,000 steps in a day, 2 days ago - is that unusual? 

Best Answer
That is fantastic! I’m a healthy, fit 39 year old. I did 64,000 in a day and that seemed like a real push. The next day my legs were hurting.

So good on you. You’ve obviously taken great care of yourself over the years.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

bless you Sroney - always nice to receive encouragement

I thought I should contribute to this discussion of Herculean personal efforts, not to boast, but to demonstrate to younger fitness enthusiasts that even with advancing age and a physical limitation it remains entirely possible to stay fit .  At 71 I work on average 80 hour/week but use every opportunity to keep on the move while phoning, computing, reading and even talking to colleagues (much better, if practical, to go for a walk and talk than slump in a chair),  Sustained low level activity over decades  seems entirely feasible - my next target is 85,000 steps in a day - my outdoor shoes became uncomfortable after the first 60,000 steps - trainers should do the trick next time, I hope

Best Answer
0 Votes

@professorial I think everything you are doing is admirable and reasonable, except maybe working 80 hours a week (I stopped that when I retired). I will be 67 at the end of the month and have been using Fitbit for almost exactly 2 years, during which I have accumulated 27.5 million steps (works out to averaging 37.5k per day, every day). I don't put a great deal of stock in giant daily numbers - almost anybody can be crazy for a day (and regret it the next) - but I have been over 100k 18 times with a max of 132k (also 133 times over 60k in a day). Guess it is worth noting that I have been an endurance walker/hiker for over 40 years, and I am now retired in the Front Range of the Rockies where I can walk and run trails and two-tracks as much as I want, without ever getting bored (Fresh snow on the high peaks today).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most steps in a running session is 5,018 steps in 40 minutes burning 444 calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi BruceBu - you are a phenomenon - that is a staggering achievement - I will never achieve that because of my work  and lack of a main artery in my right leg -  though I am capable of sustaining 30-40k steps per day if given the time - and there was no regret or soreness after my 70k - but over 130k in a day - wow - what a record

I appreciate the comment about an 80 hour week but I'm a workoholic to the same extent that you are a walkoholic -  its good to be driven by something!!.  

You are an inspiration - well done indeed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got close to the 24k and my knees did hurt,  anyway I felt pride of it, I will try next week 25k.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you meant.....feet?

Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps in these years in one day

2016 32,880
2017 85,898
2018 99,475

Best Answer
Wow, amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

41000 in one day and I am 11yrs

and my grandma did (who is 66) 28000 and my sister did 32000 is is 9 the same day

Best Answer

To the person who walked 117K in a day (at work) I doubt it at 2000 steps a mile would be over 58 miles not impossible but no probable. You would have to be doing almost 6 minute miles for a continuous 8 hours shift so unless your job is ultra marathoner I doubt it. I think you have to remember that other activities can skew your results. I went fishing one day mostly with lures it logged a ton of extra steps for my casting.

Best Answer

The most steps I have ever walked in a day would be 25,000. The only reason I did that because my friend made me run a marathon with her. The longest day of my life. 

Best Answer

I got 60,000 once. But that was just by shaking my arms. 

Best Answer

My Amount Of Steps Was :hundred_points:K And It Was Pretty Neat.

Best Answer
Nice
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited. In compliance with federal law, McDowell County Schools administers all state-operated educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel lazy.  I don't even have my 25K step badge haha.  That just seems like SO much to walk/run.  I average 8,000-10,000.  Anything over 12K is a good day for me.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer