Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the normal heart rate for a fast walk (pace 7km/h to 8.5 km/h)

Hi guys,

I've recently recovered from an illness and I am massively deconditioned.

I'm trying to retain my old walking pace but i don't know what my baseline (pre-illness) was because I only just got a fitbit.

Anyway I'm hitting anywhere between 115bpm -135 bpm on a fast walk outdoors (7km/hr to 8.5 km/hr) and this seems high to me as I was in great shape before the illness. What sort of HR's do you guys clock when fast walking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

4 mph - about 100 on the level, 105 slight incline.

Be aware during this time of inflated HR due to lack of fitness - the calorie burns you are getting on those walks will be inflated.

If recovering you hopefully aren't in a diet anyway, but to maintain weight better, manually log the walk using the info Fitbit gives you for time and distance, but use the suggested calorie burn from the database which will replace Fitbit's estimate based on HR.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

hey there @hellodarknessmy not necessarily. It may actually be right and will trend down as you build up stamina. I would actually take a few walks and get your average to see what it is. I would also see if your RHR changes with more walking and hopefully good nutrition. you can't ask your body to do things for you if you don't do things for it. fuel it right. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes