Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of workouts do you do?

Hello all, 

I've been a Fitbit user for over 3 years and I am just learning about these forums. 

I am just curious to know what kind of exercises do you all do? I love to weightlift, it is my passion and my favorite way to burn fat and gain muscle. 🙂 

What are you guys doing to stay active? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I run most days and, lately, I've been going to an Orangetheory class once a week! I'm really enjoying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Winter ... treadmill 2 times a week, weights 3 times a week, 1 or 2 walks a week which are usually indoors as it tends to be to cold and snowy here from late November to mid March. 

Spring, fall summer ... shorter times with weights, lots of time walking outside which is something I totally enjoy doing .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I found a series of workouts (dancing) on youtube called Body Groove that I think I am going to do.  It's fun and I love exercise that makes me forget I'm exercising!  😃  In nice weather I like to walk and bike.  I also enjoy swimming and horse-back riding, but don't do either of those very often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to run a lot and looking forward to resuming it as soon as the air gets warmer ( not good for asthma to breath in icy air ). For now, I go to gym 3 times a week. I love rowing and elliptical training. I don't enjoy much of doing the treadmill. It might be because running "for real" is lot more fun but I believe I would say something similar about rowing if I tried rowing "for real" 😄 I cycle quite a lot ( this seriously affected number of daily steps as I cycle even on short distances ). If I have a choice of staying at home in front of the TV or going out either for a walk, cycle or to the gym - I prefer more active ways 🙂 Can't wait to get myself into running again though. Last year I managed to go down below 45min on the 10k distance which for me ( considering my age and other conditions )  was an amazing result. I'm hoping I maintained that through the gym. Unfortunately, in the UK the winter doesn't want to go away yet and looks like we have a big come back of snow and freezing weather so I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently and since one year now:

- Stretching and mobility exercises: daily, 3 times a day (each time on a different body part)

- Walks: daily. Between 30 and 60 minutes

- Strenghtening: 3 times a week, low charge and high repetitions

- Cardio: 3 times a week, 20 minutes each time. 

This is my current program to manage Ankylosing spondylitis symptom. I am researching into changing my strengthening program to something different. 

Best Answer

1. Strong Lifts 5x5

2. Basketball 3-5 times a week

3. Walk the dog when the weather allows 

4.  I do some pylometrics spring-fall

Best Answer
0 Votes

I weight lift 5 days a week along with doing laps (fast walking). My workout takes about 1.5 hours to complete.

December 2016: 420 lbs

Current Weight: 286 (Today as of this posting)

Goal Weight: 250 lbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

great big welcome to the forums @RitaJo.. hope to see you posting often.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Running is awesome. I've been trying to get back  to doing  cardio and it's so tough for me 😕 I see those Orangetheory places everywhere. Do they have like daily  classes? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love how you change it up and do a mixture of everything. In my opinion, that's the best thing to do. Nothing beats going on walks on a nice day. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most mornings, I do 30 to 35 minutes of walk-at-home videos. Lucy Wyndham-Read has these videos that mix up walking with toning exercises. Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith are largely walking, with varied steps. I still walk the sidewalks while changing buses at a local park (when I have time and if the weather allows). Many evenings I'll do toning videos, such as from Tracy Campoli, Kelsey Lee, or Jessica Smith's walking/toning hybrids. Once a week I'll take a fitness class. I love my Pilates Reformer classes; they're challenging without kicking my butt. I often feel a combination of exhausted and exhilarated when I'm done. And today, even though I was struggling a bit, I wonder if I'm ready for more advanced classes. The instructor varies up the exercises (except the beginning leg exercises are always the same). Today, there were two newbies, and again she put me between them so they could check my form. And she was even indicating me as how to do stuff, like putting the strap on my leg for chair exercises.

I sometimes take barre classes, and those are really challenging. But I'm taking a class again next week. It's been a while since I've done it.

Seriously, if you aren't sure what you'll like, you should get Class Pass so you can have a variety.

During the summer, a local BID has free outdoor fitness classes, one of which is freedom barre, and I'll be taking that again. I think they start in May, and I can't wait. I also get a fair amount of walking in, as I walk about five/six blocks from where the class is to my bus stop.

I've fallen off the last couple of days (except for today) because I've been trying to clean my apartment and get rid of some clutter. I'm also in the process of rearranging my office at work. Hey, that counts, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RitaJo I exercise 5 days per week.  45 minutes of cardio on a Rower, or Stationary Bike, or an Elliptical.  On the days I don't row I add 30 minutes of weight training using free weights and an old Nordic Ultra Flex machine.  I mainly do upper extremity work to continue my Rehab from a previous Rotator Cuff surgery.  I get core strengthening from rowing along with leg strengthening from Rowing, Biking and the Elliptical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I run, do cross fit, and do the Manitou incline. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis.    I do water aerobics and gentle yoga.  Also walk 5000 steps 5 days a week.  2 rest days. I also enter the  http://walkyourasoff.com/    step challenge every year to bring awareness to my disease.

Best Answer

I love to do Leslie Sansone Videos.  Did a 5 mile Miracle Mile this morning.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
sonarqueen: Sorry to hear about your AS. I don't have AS but recently had
spinal surgery to fuse 3 lumbar vertebra. I spend 45 minutes on an
elliptical, 30 minutes on a rower followed by 20 minutes walking as a cool
down. With AS it is important to maintain the most functional posture in
your spine, both for an aesthetic value but more importantly a Kyphotic
posture in the thoracic spine adversely affects the respiratory ability.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
we2irbys: I spend 45 minutes on an elliptical followed by 30 minutes on a
rower followed by 20 minutes walking as a cool down.
Best Answer
0 Votes