Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What motivates you to workout?

Hello again. its been a while for me I am fine just been lazy and what is your motivation you 

any workouts or walking more 

what is your favorites thing u like to do for fun or make you moving 

I like to know 

thanks for reading mypost have a great day 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I like walking out doors.

I also like doing Leslie Sansone Walk At home

I also use weights for weight training

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Heart to practice Yoga aside walking

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to see the goals all go green on the Fitbit HOURS before midnight.   Generally it is good for me to be at 2x the goals so the day that I slip it is an easy bounce back. 

I want to be around for my grandkids.  That is the BIG motivator. 

Best Answer

I love doing Bodystep by Les Mills every Thursday. I love running on the treadmill every other day. I have a very stressful job, a husband, and two children. My gym time is my release and my get away from my stresses.

Best Answer

My motivation comes from I want to get the equivlient of walking accross Canada which is about 4300 miles. I am about 43% there after 13.5 months. 

Best Answer

Thanks you for you're nice posts and thanks again.

For Yes I love to walk I been lazy or been sick with a tummy ace. Now I am going to do more walking and go to concerts.

The concerts that we like to go to in town that's be Luke Bryan that's sholud make me move more and go for a  long walks.

to you all thanks again

the UP COMING Concerts sholud make me move more

have a great day

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer

I like to play tennis and swimming. Smiley Very Happy 

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Hi there @nkotblove. My favortie activity in the summer months is bicycling. I also do walk/jog interval workouts to break the routine a bit and give my 'bicycling' muscles and joints a chance to recover. But bicycling is by far the activity that I enjoy the most. We're lucky to live in a semi-rural area, with plenty of country roads, where I can ride with hardly any car traffic at all, enjoying the sounds of nature ... 

In the winter months, I like snowshoeing and cross-country skiing; but again, I also do a lot of walk/jog workouts. 

In terms of motivation, well I think we all have days when, upon getting up in the morning, we just feel like parking our rump on a confy chair and enjoy a cup of coffee and do nothing, just relax! And that's OK, and I've done that at times, only to realize that as the day progresses, I don't feel as good as normally do, like something is missing somehow; and what's missing is that burst of energy and 'feeling good' we always get after a workout.

So now, when the day starts like that, I go to the closet and grab that old pair of jeans I used to wear when I was 50 pounds heavier. I put them on and think about how thight these were were back then! This puts a smile on my face and I'm ready to rock!

TandemWalker.png         TW         TandemWalker.png

Best Answer
Walking mainly especially in this windy weather, with pale sunshine and autumn leaves. I won't be so enthusiastic when it's raining!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get inspired to move in my two spin classes each week.  The instructor is just strict enough to keep things interesting.  I get excited to see the signs when the gym says "New Machines coming".   They just got new treadmills with a 5K race program. 

I also like a cardio cinema room, Golds puts out all sorts of movies in this room. They are not always good (in my opinion anyway).  Lots are just entertaining.

@nkotblove wrote:

Hello again. its been a while for me I am fine just been lazy and what is your motivation you 

any workouts or walking more 

what is your favorites thing u like to do for fun or make you moving 

I like to know 

thanks for reading mypost have a great day 

You've got this, keep moving.

Keep Moving, you've got this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Paradise555, me too. I chart all my steps in Excel. Two years ago I walked the equivalent to my hometown and back from where we live now, last year to Florida, and this year I'm "walking" to Paris. In another 3 years or so I'll get there.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi nkotblove. Do you have a friend or group you can walk with?  I find that really helps!    Rewarding yourselves with coffee after reaching your set goal for the day is always fun too.  And, as Wendy said, getting out and enjoying nature is such a pleasure and motivator.  I also like to listen to music that motivates me as I walk.  Of course, this can be a hazard if you're not careful. 

Keep stepping!  Don't look back.  Life is lived going forward. 

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

I really enjoy ding Zumba and HIIT classes that I started doing a couple of weeks ago, it's an excellent workout.

Happy stepping!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Several things motivate me.

The FitBit is a big part of it. I can almost FEEL my FitBit telling me that I haven't met my goal for the day...lol Its a silent nagger. I take great pleasure in seeing my steps above what I want them to be.

I also like going outside. I always walk outdoors.

I like pushing myself. I just love the feeling of my heart pounding and working up a sweat. No feeling is better than that adrenaline surge as you move your body.

My diet gives me a lot of energy so it is hard to just sit around. I think that this extra energy surge has also been motivational for me to get out there. I feel antsy if I have to sit for long periods of time.

Finally, going out there and walking, pushing myself to even run a little, is the one thing I do entirely FOR ME. I feel oneness with myself at that time. It's a time to think or walk fast to my favorite music or just decompress.

I can not imagine my life as it use to be, which was completely sedentary, again. No way. The fact that there is no turning back for me, motivates me enough.

Best Answer

Wow @RexFeral. It's great to hear that your Fitbit tracker has changed your life. Thanks for sharing your positivism with us.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Swimming and taking a long walk with my dog are some of the activities I definitely enjoy the most. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for taking the time to share this with all of us @RexFeral, you're very disciplined and you have a lot of determination. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Watching this YouTube channel called Blogilates, she talks about fitness and shows a lot of workouts so u should watch her 👍🏼
Best Answer

What motivates me is how good I feel after my workout.  When I was a runner the hardest thing was putting on my shoes, once I was out there it was easy.  What motivated me then was my next race, now the feeling I get once the workout is done is enough to motivate me tomorrow. I guess it's the elevated Endorfins and Enkephalins that keep me hooked on exercise.  You can't legally match the high I get after a good workout!  It takes 14 days to establish the exercise habit, but only 3 days to break it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many things motivate me. for instance, I know I should lose weight and that is a motivator.

But knowing what we should do and actually doing it is 2 different things for many of us.

The fitbit for me is my biggest motivator. 

Best Answer