Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Slave to the Rhythm - Michael Jackson

New Rules - Dua Lipa

Sax - Fleur East 

Booty - Jennifer Lopez 

Partition - Beyoncé

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor 

Best Answer

Tamborine by Eve, it gets me moving!!

Best Answer

Lifelike - So Electric

Com Truise - Data Kiss

Droid Bishop - In Search Of Gemini

Lazerhawk - So Far Away

Wolfclub - Summer Lights

Daft Punk 

Best Answer

Recently I added 2 songs to my playlist:

Cover of "Maniac" by Firewind

Cover of "Blue Monday" by Orgy

I chose cover songs as they have little more fire than 80s originals IMHO. Maniac gives me exactly pace 6:00 on treadmill and Blue Monday I find perfect for brisk walking 🙂

Best Answer

AC/DC "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution."

Best Answer

One song is tough... 

I start out with one of two songs, and alternate my mixes so it's not the same music each time. But my STARTING song is either the theme to Superman, or one of the animated superhero themes (then I go on to my other songs).

I can tell you what is usually in my mixes: Sabotage (Beastie Boys) is one, Thrift Shop by Macklemore is usually in there... I usually have some "classic rock" in there mixed in with some modern upbeat stuff... Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin), Don't Stop Me Now (several others by Queen)... but I often switch up music, or I get bored, so the playlists change... but those are the ones that are usually somewhere in the mix. 

Best Answer

I like song that inspire me to work harder for myself and rock hard.

so I would have to go with:

Amity Affliction - Pittsburgh

Amity Affliction - Open Letter

This would be to start.

Best Answer

I'm a life-long semi-professional Bluesman, so anything Blues, but with the exception of modern Country and Hip Hop, most any kind of music gets me going.  To this day, there are artists whose entire list of their work has been committed to my memory (had to since I'm self-taught and play by ear), and there are many songs I cannot hear without visualizing every note and chord on a guitar neck!  AC/DC; CSN; CCR; Stones; Beatles; Hendrix; Sam & Dave; Temptations; Freddie King (old bandmate); played with Don Henley in Denton, Ft. Worth, & Dallas back when we and my brother all attended NTSU at the same time.  Tons more.  It's cool to listen to 120 bpm music while walking and catch yourself automatically getting into step with it!

Best Answer

Anything by Eminem.  

Best Answer

'Welcome to Planet Motherf*cker/Psychotic Slag' - White Zombie

Best Answer

You Can't Stop Me! by Andy Mineo

Best Answer

It really depends for me. If I've had a bad day at work Manson makes me want to run. If I'm in a good mood dubstep reggae.  

Best Answer
I love More by Usher
Best Answer

What Doesn't Kill you makes you stronger...

Best Answer
Ok.cool I love I do whatever it takes by imagine dragons
Best Answer

Hips Don't Lie by Shakira

Apple Bottom Jeans by Low

You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC

Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J

Push It by Salt N Pepa

Talk Dirty to Me by Jason Derulo

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift

Sexy Back by JT

Kiss by Prince

Lose Yourself by Eminem

Boogie Shoe by KC and the Sunshine Band

My music taste is all over the place. 

Best Answer

Gwen...love your play list! 

You forgot...ACDC Thunderstruck!

Best Answer

I'm going to look this one up! 

Best Answer
It's pretty old but I'm really keen on Cannibals by Dire Straits. 🏃🏾‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I like trap nation 

Best Answer
0 Votes