Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

@momto5kids I agree fully; it looks like we have similar taste in workout music.

I like listening to 2Chainz when I work out. His link-up with Drake is a classic for me in the gym.

I think you'd enjoy some of PARTYNEXTDOOR's more beat-heavy music, I know I do!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

For some reason, I get a little more pumped up when "I Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith and the Otis Redding remake by Kanye & Jay Z (watch the throne cd)

Best Answer

@bazingaPenny love the Ram Jam song, need to get added to my work out mix.  Forgot all about that one.

Best Answer
Yes! It's one of my faves!
Best Answer

As raunchy as it sounds I love songs that sing about getting down and dirty. Ya know.... sex. Also any songs that preach "r-e-s-p-e-c-t"....

1. #Getitright - Miley Cyrus

2. Kill of the Night - Gin Wigmore

3. MMM Yeah - Austin Mahone ft. Pitbull (good beat for biking or lifting)

Best Answer

The song that motovates me is the Toby Keith song "I am as good as I once was' I also like the Tina Turner song "I need a Hero!"

Friendship is like Single Malt Whisky ..... The Older..... The Better.....anon

Pat M Rowland
Best Answer
Not just one song, my son gave me a crash course in working an MP3 player...putting it perspective, my last two music devices were a cassete player the size of a Cracker Jack box that ate your tapes at the slightest bump. The next was a Discman that skipped if you breathed too deeply. This is simple incredible!
A player the size of a pack of gum that magically sucks songs from the computer, ginourmous numbers of songs, and it plays without skipping and is almost weightless. I would have never imagined such a thing as a teen.
Best Answer

I have two -

Survivor - eye of the tiger (I love my boxing me)

Spencer Davies Group - Keep on running.

AP

Best Answer

I definitely have more than one song! Lately I've been hearing rock music to stay awake between work and college. Like AC/DC, The Smiths, The Cure and a little bit of Amy Winehouse Heart. When it comes to jogging or walking I love to hear Confessions on a Dance Floor by Madonna. It's a great album. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

I have a big playlist when I decide to go for a run or a walk but one of my favorites and that encourages me to run faster and earn Very Active Minutes Smiley Very Happy are Hangover - Taio Cruz, Tiesto - Escape me and Alive - Empire of the sun Cat Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to look some of those songs up.

Here are my top most played.

"Best Day of My Life" American Authors, "Doesn't Remind Me" Audioslave, "I'm Yours" Jason Mraz, "Happy" Pharrell Williams, "Roar" Katie Perry "Applause" Lady Gaga, "Sleep in Late", Big Sugar, "Blurred Lines", Heart Breaker, Led Zeppeling, "Bron-Yr-Aur", Led Zeppelin, "What I Like About You" The Romantics.

I've been taking Zumba classes and I like some of the latin dance music that they play. Starts up again in September. I can hardly wait.

Best Answer

I also love taking Zumba @ABanana! You are having so much fun that you don't even realize you are exercising. Smiley Very Happy

Excellent song choices!  

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

This is larger than I can post lol Smiley Happy

I like song that inspire me to work harder for myself and rock hard.

so I would have to go with:

Amity Affliction - Pittsburgh

Amity Affliction - Open Letter

This would be to start.

Best Answer

Currently I have 80 songs on my "Work It Girl!" iTunes playlist Smiley LOL

My motivational favorites to take with me on a walk are:

Hot Dog, Party Rock Anthem, Sorry for Party Rocking & Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO

Club Can't Handle Me Right Now by Flo Rida

Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas

Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake

a lot of rocking LOL Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Great song choices everybody! Keep up the good work.Smiley Wink

Best Answer

What I listen to depends on my mood, the hour of day and the weather. Sometimes I even skip music and just listen to the sounds of nature (I like early morning walks). 

But these songs get me moving every time, even if I don't want to move 🙂 

- David Guetta & Sia / Titanium

- Beyoncé / Partition

- Lana del Rey / Body Electric

Best Answer

@bluefunk Titanium!!! I love this song. Smiley Very Happy Awesome choice and good point about listening to the sounds of nature.

Best Answer

'Can't you hear me knockin' -- Rolling Stones

'No No No'  -- KISS

'All Fired Up' -- Pat Benatar

'Move On' -- Eddie Money

'I Would Do Anything for Love' -- Meatloaf

!!!  🙂

Best Answer

@debijn2963 Nice! Rolling Stones and KISS! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

I ALWAYS run to 'Cannibals' by Mark Knofler because it seems to have the right beat.  If I walk I like to walk to the beat of 'All Over Again' by the Mavericks.  

I think I know what it's like to be brain-washed now...

Have a great day everyone.

Best Answer