Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

The song that motivates me is "Shape of you" by Ed Sherran. Something about that sing just picks me up. 

Best Answer

anything on kisstory, upbeat and funky

Best Answer

Utfard by Manegarm...

Not sure why folkish music motivates me while doing exercise! I think it is because I listen to folk/traditional music since I was a little boy. 🏃🏃🏃

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

lil uzi vert

Best Answer

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger (Rocky) It is such a classic and it motivates me to work harder. 

Best Answer

omg me too listen to that song every workout! :smiley happy  ;D

Best Answer

My exercise playlist begins with "Man in the Mirror", by Michael Jackson.  It starts with "I’m starting with the man in the mirror, I’m asking him to change his ways.."  It always starts my workout off correctly...

Frederick..helping others have more...
Best Answer

Haha I listen to it during cardio because I hate cardio! 

Best Answer

that has to be the cringiest thing I have ever heard Man Frustrated

Best Answer

For me it's select songs from Paramore's riot or brand new eyes albums. The style is rock/pop/punk with a lot of energy which is great for workouts. 

Best Answer

Jet's Get Born album is the best for running.  It's very upbeat and just about each song makes me want to run faster.  If you are not sure if you know the album one of the most played songs on the radio is "Are you gonna be my girl?"

Best Answer

Hey! My mom loves me a lot and she expresses it through the food she cooks for me. To some extent, I consider my parents responsible for my eating habits. Most of the times the main meal in our home would consist of meat and potatoes instead of vegetables. Along with that, I eat all type of junk foods from outside with my friends. And now I am overweight and tried a lot to control my eating habits but I failed. Then I started making plans for the workout and followed it for about a week. I came across a blog explaining easy ways to enjoy workouts ( www.harveybrooker.co m/3-ways-enjoy-worko uts/ ). It is mentioned that playing a music track while working motivates you to workout harder. I was also looking for some music tracks to add to my playlist.

Best Answer

Right now it's Thoughts on Fire -- RIA MAE

My go to song changes quite a bit

Best Answer

Great topic! Am looking for more songs to add to my running playlist. The song that gets me pumped at the start line of every race is Run This Town by Rihanna/JayZ.

If anyone uses Google Play Music my playlist is public - search for BostonStrong2017.  

Best Answer

I listen to all kinds of music!!!! Woman Happy Just joined in January so looking to do challenges and stay fit!!! Add me =)) share playlist if you have one.

Best Answer

Back for More by Five Finger Death Punch.  It's a good message, driving beat, and it's just the right pace for me to run at.

Best Answer

@molten_dragon I will have to look that song up!!! Thanks!

Best Answer
I like death punch! They're great for running!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I really dont have one song that motivate me its usually anything with an upbeat something i could dance to it can even be an upbeat song on K-love 

Best Answer

Basically any Power Metal song. They are fast paced and a lot are about battle which gets me pumped to get strong so I don't die in the battle! LOL Also, pirate metal is fun to sing along with and get me pumped as well.

Best Answer