Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Michael Jackson favorite to get movin'

Best Answer

Anything by the 1970s era Bee-Gees. Disco!

Best Answer

I have a mishmash of songs on my playlist.  Here are some random selections, in no particular order (sorry for any dups!):

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Gavin DeGraw - Fire

Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling

Mark Ronson ft. Jeff Bhasker - In Case of Fire

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

Muse - Uprising

Panic! at the Disco - Victorious

Pentatonix - Sing

Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil

And if you need a laugh, some silly motivation to keep getting up again, or inspiration for not giving up, check out "Get Back Up Again" from the Trolls Movie.

Cheers! 🙂

Best Answer

Last Resort-Papa Roach or Shape of You-Ed Sherran. My workout playlist really consists of anything by Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, or anything punk. 🙂

Best Answer

INXS - "Don't Change" from 1982's Shabooh Shoobah.

Best Answer

Archangel by Two Steps From Hell

Best Answer

"A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley (Elvis vs JXL version from compilation "Elvis: 30 #1 Hits")

Best Answer

Godlike -Alien Ant Farm 

12 Foot Ninja- Invincible 

Mudvayne- Determined 

Best Answer

It can't do my workout without music and my favourites are:

Honeymoon - Jabberwocky

Feel So Close - Calvin Harris

Music:Response, remix - The Chemical Brothers

Best Answer

I listen to a motley mix of tunes.  Here are a few of my personal faves....Fatboy Slim "Praise You", Icona Pop "I Love It", Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee "Despacito (over-played I know...but I still love it), Omi "Cheerleader", Pharrell Williams "Happy",

Best Answer

"I am a beast" rob bailey, Eminem "Lose Yourself," "You can go hard or you can go home,"  Will.I.Am and J. Lo, "Bring Em Out" TI, "Black Skinhead"  Kanye West..

lol and much much more

Best Answer

Anime openings mostly.

The Hero from One Punch Man

The Day from My Hero Acadamia

These are the ones that have been pushing me lately

Best Answer
0 Votes

Echoes by Pink Floyd Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pandora has a strength training station, it's mostly hiphop and very explicit but really pumps you up.  https://www.pandora.com/station/3712536489053824189

If I need some inspiration I love Mateusz m https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMiro0r

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phoebe Ryan - Chronic (The Knocks Remix). This song just gets me moving - love the beat!

Also, anything by Calvin Harris, Sia, Disciples. I just love Dance music - it keeps me running!

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Snow" by the red hot chili peppers and

"Let it Ride" cover by Big Sugar

Just gotta move to these two... can't help myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I do my walking I love listening to Zumba makes me dance lol hahaha

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I was on an extended hike on the Appalachian Trail, I had a few...

Gonna Fly Now & Going The Distance - Nothing like these to get your moving up a mountain, especially coming up to the summit.

Fight Song - Pretty much the whole song

Let It Go (From Frozen) - The phrase "It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through" fit for me at the time since it was my first LASH (Long **ahem** Section Hike) on the AT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking to build a play list of either 80's or country music for walking...anyone have any favorites or suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

These 3 songs just keep me 'moving    Woman Wink

Move (Keep Walkin') -TobyMac   Move; Shake-MercyMe 

Best Answer