Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Thanks for sharing @HilsRobot Very Happy  

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

cant hold us because it was the first song that I ran a 5k to

Best Answer

That's sweet! 🙂

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

OMG, can't find who suggested Footloose but I downloaded it and it works well for me - thanks.  Have a great day everyone.

Best Answer

Congratulations @Maddiecx99, way to go! @Hils Footloose is a great song choice as well, keep up the good work! Cat Very Happy   

Best Answer

Bruce - ThunderRoad  - just gets me started... 

@Melissa wrote:

Excellent song choices from everybody! 

Well, I have a couple of songs that I NEED to listen to while I work out. Since I'm a Beastie Boys fan, I would say "Ch-Check it out" or "Body Movin".

Now, if I'm feeling kind of lazy, then I would listen something like Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song". Other favorites are: 

Incubus - Warning

311- All Mixed Up

Kriss Kross - Jump 

Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces

Pink - So What (she's awesome)

And some classic latin music Los Rabanes "My Commanding Wife" Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hey @Torontoguy, is that a Bruce Springsteen song? I haven't heard of that one. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

Iggy Azalea seems to be the flavour of the month.. and quite motivating.

Impossible is nothing is a good one Smiley Wink

Best Answer

True @faat_headd! I have only heard a couple of her songs and so far so good. Smiley Wink

Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

yes - on the Born To Run ablum  - great song - also Jungleland is another favorite 

Best Answer

and like Taking Care of Business - Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO) - 

Best Answer

Hall of Fame- The Script

How Do You Like Me Now- The Heavy

Great beats and love the lyrics!

Best Answer

Hall of Fame, I like that song! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

Much of my "Pure Energy" playlist.  I find my tastes as a cyclist differs from runners and walkers but there ya go!

Ride Like the Wind Christopher Cross

Personal Jesus Depeche Mode

Eye of the Tiger Survivor

Gonna Fly Now (Theme from "Rocky") Bill Conti

Beautiful Day U2

Vertigo U2

Whip It Devo

Sexy and I Know It LMFAO

Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) C+C Music Factory

I Like to Move It Crazy Frog

The Middle Jimmy Eat World

I Gotta Feeling The Black Eyed Peas

Flagpole Sitta Magnificent Tracers

The Power (7' Version) Snap!

Titanium (feat. Sia) David Guetta

Poker Face Lady Gaga

Immigrant Song Led Zeppelin

80'S - Pump Up the Volume CC Music Factory

Firework Katy Perry

Best Answer

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, keep them coming!

@SunsetRunner I must admit, Miley is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine when it comes to working out. Robot Embarassed

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Hi all you music lovers, When i first  started listening to my music when i walked it was dean martin. He had some cool songs. now i need a little more up beat .i get more miles in with my new  list .BELIEVER, BY AMERICAN AUTHORS,DRIVE BY ,BY TRAIN, WANT YOU BACK BY,CHER LLOYD,RICKY RICARDO BY KAPTN,  ALL ABOUT THAt  BASS BY MEGHAN TRAINOR, THE LOVE CLUB BY LORDE,TEN FEET TALL BY AFROJACK. hope these songs get you up and moving.

Best Answer

I have a couple of hundred on my exercise track at any one time but rotate.  Here is a sample:

Danger Zone - Kenney Loggins

Counting Stars - One Republic

No Time to Kill - Clint Black

A good run of bad luck - Clint Black

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckeley

Hurt - Johnny Cash

Jungle - Jamie N Commons

I'm so glad - Cream

Lay your hands on me - Bon Jovi

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Of the newer additions, the Jamie Commons "Jungle" is one I really like.  I first heard it on the TV show, the Blacklist.

Best Answer

"Run Like Hell" from Pink Floyd- always gives me the boost I need when I go for my longer walks and just want to collapse Smiley Tongue

Also pretty much anything from Queen Heart

Best Answer

Awesome choices from everybody. Keep up the good work!Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

I really love listening to the mixes on the Rockmyrun app on my iPhone. Such great motivation 🙂

Best Answer