Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Seven nation army - White Stripes

Just try and not to run to this, it's virtually impossible 

Best Answer

Living in the promised land by Willie Nelson

Best Answer
That’s awesome love that song
Best Answer

All over the world by ELO is my favourite workout song.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s very nice, I love run to the best 2
Best Answer

Little Lies by Fleetwood Mac

Best Answer
Lol that’s a good one I like more by usher
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well not 1 song sorry but a list of some of my favourite. Gonna show my age and weird taste in music by posting this...Be Kind 😉

December - Collective Soul
Where the River Flows - Collective Soul
The Sound of Silence - Disturbed
House of the Rising Sun - Five Finger Death Punch
Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
End Over End - Foo Fighters
Word Up - Korn
Take Me Down - The Pretty Reckless
Make Me Want To Die - The Pretty Reckless
Voices - DevilSkin
I am the Fire - Halestorm
Aerials - System of A Down
No One Knows - Queens of the StoneAge
Dream On - Aerosmith
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Blue on Black - Kenny Wayne Sheperd
Gold on the Ceiling - The Black Keys
Black Cadillac - Shinedown
New Divide - Linkin Park
Losing My Religion - R.E.M
I You Think you Know How To Love Me - Pat Benetar
The Otherside - Red Sun Rising

Best Answer

Love that entire playlist!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tend to listen to hard rock/metal when at the gym. Faves at the moment:

Ghost - Square Hammer

Ghost - Year Zero

Mastodon - Show Yourself

Mastodon - Dry Bone Valley

Slayer - War Ensemble

Slayer - Raining Blood

Megadeth - Trust

Megadeth - Dystopia

Metallica - Spit Out The Bone

Metallica -...And Justice For All

Kyuss - Demon Cleaner

Kyuss - 100 Degrees

Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl

White Zombie - More Human Than A Human

Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Rage Against The Machine - Vietnow

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

Best Answer

@HisDudeness that's a great list, reminds me of the days when I was a big metal fan. Megadeth and Metallica are still favorites of mine.  "Five Minutes Alone" reminds me of an issue of Deadpool I saw once. Deadpool, talking to the audience as usual, says "I'm gonna kick these guys butts now. I suggest the reader crank "Five Minutes Alone" by Pantera, but if you don't have it, play whatever you've got." LOL

Best Answer

@LdyRazorsharpOh yeah I remember that issue! Still listen to a lot of hard rock/metal today, though I've mellowed out a bit a listen to a lot of genres now. I can't believe I am going to say this but I'm even starting to like country.

Best Answer

@HisDudeness Great playlist! I also listen to metal when exercising, it gives me more punch! 

Check this thread out, it's about metal and stuff. Pretty cool! @LdyRazorsharp

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@LDVincenzo My last year of dance my recital song was that song its a really good song for a fast pace walk or something 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's pretty awesome song.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Being an ol' Baby Boomer here... lost track of most of the new music coming out. So I tend to classic rock. A few I like are Eye of the Tiger, Thriller, lots by Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and many others. I have to get some loaded on my mp3. This topic is helping me think this over. Maybe take a break from listening to audio books once in a while. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
That is awesome they are also some of my favourite.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw a video recently of Danny Amendola working out and training to "Humble" by Kendrick Lamar and I'm so addicted.  It gets me SO pumped in the gym.  

It's also incredibly inspiring to watch a professional athlete like Amendola train.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree completely re the Rocky IV soundtrack! But an '80s motivational workout mix isn't complete without Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive," from the soundtrack of the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie "Bloodsport."

Best Answer
0 Votes