Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Interesting @Ginge. I haven't heard of those yet, good to know.Woman Wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

My song right now is "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor. It's fun and catching and makes me feel good about myself throughout my weight loss journey,rather than hating myself where I am at the moment.

Best Answer

Woman Very Happy I like that song! The tone of her voice is awesome. Thanks for sharing @katiesTARDIS 

Best Answer

I actually have two that really get me going during my AM walks (and looking goofy as I mime and gesture with the lyrics)

Hooters: I'm Alive

Bon Jovi: It's My Life

My Story: http://tinyurl.com/nw93fqq

Friend away - let's keep that motivation!
Best Answer

Right now I have "People Like Us" by Kelly Clarkson. I have Asthma, MS and Lupus so working out is a total chore and there are days that I feel like a misfit as the song states, the beat of the song keeps me charged. I also have "On the Floor" by JLo also for the fast beat. My favorite for when I ride my bike is "Going the Distance" by Michael Bolton.

Best Answer

Excellent songs @FB_Opus @TCG! Keep up the good work. Robot Happy 

Best Answer

So i thought i would share my playlist i've heard for a month now.. It's a gap through the electronic sounds to the beautiful melodies of trance, pop and rock in my taste of music.

Though early in my life i got a electronic rave cd and that genre has kept with me though my likings has changed to various genres i still like sub genre's as, Melodic DnB, electronic tunes, melodic trance, Hardstyle and many others.

My favorit picks for the start training:

Bomfunk MC's - Uprocking Beats (JS16 Radio Mix)

Bomfunk MC's - Live Your Life

Mass Effect soundtrack - uncharted worlds/galaxy map (Rob Roun mix)

Poison Lips - Vitalic

Pixl & Dead Robot - Dream of You

Sub Focus - Airplanes

As i go on more Pop/Rock songs take over but i still like those trance genre's to pop in here and there. So to do the distance these songs comes into play:

C2C - Happy Ft. D.Martin

Enyo - Magnesium (Right Face Remix)

Age of Consent - New Order

LMFAO - Party Rock Athem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock

Above & Beyond Pres. Oceanlab - On A Good Day

Starcraft 2 Terran Theme Music

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Duderstadt & Anita Kelsey - Smile (Duende Dub mix)

Above & Beyond Pres.Oceanlab - Lonely Girl

M83 - Midnight City

M83 - Reunion

Chris Brown feat. Benny Benassi - Beautiful People

Chromeo - Night by Night

Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations

Whenever i'm in my last fase of becoming tired i enter this, it's all or nothing rage. Here comes the Hardstyle into play to keep on the momentum and somehow kickstart my ignition:

Scope DJ - Sparks of Life

Code Black & Nitrouz - Can't Hold Me Back (original mix)

Frontliner - I'm The Melodyman

Headhunterz - Colors feat. T.a.T.u.

D-Block & S-te-Fan - Rebel

Code Black - Pandora

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart

And going home from the gym is this list:
Jes Hudak - Different Worlds
Ryan O'Shaughnessy - No Name
DPB - Thinking About
Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise
Phil Collins - Driving Me Crazy
Seal - Crazy

Bob Marley - Is This Love (Montmartre Remix)

Sting - The Last Ship

Enjoy 🙂

Best Answer

Wow! @Woodsnail Nice song choices! Robot wink Keep up the good work.

Best Answer

'Peace sells'  by Megadeth, it has a fast guitar tempo to walk to.

Best Answer

Nice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made a bad bitches playlist for the ladies Heart (Sorry boys!) 

Black Widow - Iggy Azalea

Diva - Beyonce

Run the World - Beyonce

Jerk it - Thunderheist (actually anything by Thunderheist is good for a workout)

Not Myself Tonight - Christina

Work - Iggy Azalea

Work Bitch - Britney

Work it - Missy Elliot

Get your Freak on - Missy Elliot

Best Answer

Thanks for the responses everyone, you're all too kind!

Thanks for the extensive list, @Woodsnail! I'm checking out that first section as we speak.

@JanineDarling I love Missy Elliot! What ever happened to her anyway? 

Robot Very Happy

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@WoodsnailNice list, good songs. I listened to Duderstadt and Above & Beyond since long time ago, Smile definitely is a classic. You should hear Can't Smile (Daniel Kandi's MashUp). Daniel Kandi's mashups, songs and remixes are 100% powerful Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
@EmersonFitbit - I heard she was coming out with a new album this year but don't know details. It she does it will be awesome!
Best Answer

I've got a love for Daniel Kandi as well because he is Danish and do wonderfull melodic trance..

Though it has been some time he made the most of them but they are still nice to hear.. - Breathe is my favorite.

Best Answer

I will have to listen to your suggestion @WoodsnailRobot Happy Thank you for sharing as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Woodsnail You' right Smiley LOL The first time I heard about him was 6 years ago when I was listening a radioshow that played "Time to Rest" by Andy Blueman (such an emotional tune). He also did a great job by collaborating with Aligator and "the perfect match", did you hear that? I would also suggest you to hear some Matt Bukovski's mixes Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

Depends on my mood.

If I'm lifting and want to kick butt, I listen to heavier stuff (lately I really like "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" by Fallout Boy, "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins, and "Astronomy" by Metallica)

If I'm doing cardio or running outside, I like to keep things light and fun; especially when it comes to running, because it can be really tough and if I have music I could dance to, then it keeps me moving. Examples: "Trying To Be Cool" by Pheonix, "American Girl" by Bonnie McKee, and "Young Blood" by The Naked and Famous

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you. - Fred Devito

Better late than never, except in the case of CPR. Then late and never are pretty much equally bad. - Ethan Trex (CollegeHumor)
Best Answer

Some of the songs that really get me going are Feet Don't Fail Me Now by NEEDTOBREATHE, and I'm Gonna Be by The Proclaimers, and today, while I was doing "free step" on the wii fit plus, my mom happened to be playing Get Down by Audio Adrenaline, which really seemed to motivate me, I don't know if that's going to be a new thing, or if it just worked today, but at any rate, that was a good one.

*Steps onto the wii board* You lift me up

*Steps off the wii board* I get down

*Steps back onto the wii board* You lift me up

*Steps off* I get down

Woman Tongue

Best Answer

Thank you also for sharing your favorite songs @DeVOTAedLife! Proclaimers, wow! I forgot all about that song...excellent choice. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes