Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

The one song that motivates? I don't think I've found or actually tried to listen to a song when I didn't feel motivated for a workout, usually I do the workout.

The one that can help get me out there,

Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now

http://youtu.be/BOkv_tGK1o4

But the one that really helps if I barely managed to get out there and not really feeling inspired to do it still, even though the beat is all wrong for running, is 

Manfred Mann's - Runner

http://youtu.be/ANb1AA35o9I

For biking, which I have no problem wanting to do, but makes it fun, again the beat is wrong for the cadence.

Tom Cochrane - Life is a Highway

http://youtu.be/U3sMjm9Eloo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

I appreciate the links for your song choices @Heybales! Keep doing an awesome job. 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Nicole Sherzinger- your love (because of how good she looks in the videoSmiley Wink)

Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love

The Fratellis - Chealse DaggerHeartSmiley LOL

Best Answer

She is beautiful. Robot Happy Keep up the good work @antoniaa_alexx!

Best Answer

You and Me - Penny & Quarters

Best Answer

@pinkpink The song title you shared reminded me of Pink and City and Color's new album and song  You + Me. 

You are awesome for sharing! Robot wink

Best Answer

Three modern singers that I really like walking to are Macklemore, Pink and Rhianna. Otherwise most of my playlist is stuck around 1972...except the Andrews Sisters taking it waaaay back

Best Answer

@loveabull I love Pink's songs. Have you heard the new album I recommended @pinkpink

Best Answer

any "ROCKY" soundtrack song

Best Answer

That music does motivate to do your best. Thanks @shania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could have writtten that list! I have all those songs on my iTunes. I would also add "Feels So Good"

Van Halen (or Hagar if you prefer) 🙂

Best Answer

Great addition @melissasavage. Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Macklemore is one of my favorite musicians. I love the message in his music, I love his sense of humor.

"Thrift Shop" and "Same Love" are terrific. For a song to get you rocking definitely "Thrift Shop". If you saw me in person I look like a petite little grandmother...meanwhile I'm bopping down the street with my scary butt looking pup..."I'm gonna pop some tags..." Heeheehee no one would ever guess my playlist

Warning-for a sensitive audience the language is over the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Best Answer

Oy that my first thought for "Feels So Good"-Chuck Mangione, time to go back with the other dinosaurs.

Best Answer

Hahahaha...is good to hear that you also like Maklemore! Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have very diverse musical tastes. I actually get pumped up by Russian/Soviet marching songs. Both of the National Anthems are very inspiring sounding, regardless of political ideologies that one subscribes to.

Aside from that, my list would also go towards more metal/rock. I can't pick just one but my list would usually include songs like-

Cowboys from Hell: Pantera

Jump in the Fire- Metallica

Rock you like a Hurricane- Scorpions

Shot of Love- AC/DC

Hellraiser- Ozzy Osbourne

Children of the Grave- Black Sabbath

Breaking the Chains- Dokken

Best Answer

Hope you like this song!  Super motivation!                                                                     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926N31_QHuM

Best Answer

Cool song options @Romey20 and @DougieFairbanksWoman Very Happy  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Anything from the Rocky soundtracks
Best Answer

That's true @shania. Rocky songs are awesome motivation! Robot wink

Best Answer