Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

I agree! Smiley Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

there are loads "the one" songs for me if im in an unmotivated mood and i need kickstart its got to be Tiësto - Red Lights,

but if im in that smash the target mood its got to be P!nk - U + Ur Hand

*Moderator edited format

Best Answer

@Kurt_Eisler Tiesto has some awesome songs with the right beats to get you and keep you motivated. Thanks for your share! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I recommend getting spotify!! theres perfect playlists for each mood or activity. 
I listen to the workout playlists and they really help in motivation to continue and also I find myself putting in more effort when listening to these songs.

Theres playlists for cardio, dance, house workout, running, power workouts, walking, yoga and even stretching.

Definitely worth checking out.

Best Answer
Hope- Instrumental Core will erupt the sleeping volcano inside you .
Best Answer

@annika-15 Sounds pretty good. I'm going to give a try to Spotify Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

Find those kinda songs mysterious and give a special feeling. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@annika-15 That is a great idea as well. I use Spotify and it does provide great playlists and cool music choices for whatever mood you are in. Woman Happy

Best Answer

All Rage Against The Machine hits and Fort Minor's Remember The Name. As well as Incubus, from Make Yourself Album to If Not Now When album. 🙂

Best Answer

@Kurt_Eisler Thanks for that Tiësto song! It's great!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

For doing [CARDIO] I like to listen to:

Play Hard (feat. Ne-yo & Akon) - David Guetta

Pop Bottles - Sky Blu

Bangarang - Skrillex

Berserk - DJ Bl3nd

Animals - Martin Garrix

Bad Habits - Dj Bl3nd 

Big jet plane (Adam G remix) - Angus & Julia Stone

Birthday (Cash Cash Remix) - Katy Perry

Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk

Here we go - DJ Bl3nd

Freks have more fun - Dada Life

Beauty and a beat (Ridiculousnous remix) - Reid Stefan

Slats Slats Slats - Skrillex

Hope yall enjoy this playlist as much as I have!

Best Answer

Cool selection of songs @limitless_chick! Keep on steppin'. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Can't Hold Us -

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Ain't Got No -

Phil Keaggy

When We Stand Together -

Nickelback

Sorry I could only narrow it down to three 😉

Best Answer

Is anyone here listening to Brandon Boyd's new project Sons of the Sea? All of his songs there are very great.

Best Answer

@jonmartin No, I haven't heard anything about Brandon Boyd's but I'm going to check some of his songs. Thanks for the recommendation Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

That is my current favorite as well.  I play it first to get myself going.

@Algenon wrote:

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis "the ceiling can't hold us."

Best Answer

When getting a new game, if the intro sounds great, don't start playing until having heard the total song.. the daily yoga app has such a song, keeps me motivated Smiley Embarassed Cat Surprised

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll make sure to listen Brandon Boyd as well. Cat Wink

Best Answer
For using the Nordic Trak, my favourite albums are from "Animusic". Pieces have different tempos which I find fun and challenging.

I can't listen to anything with lyrics... I start singing LoL! Guess it comes from the days of being a "Hoofer & Tweeter". Even listening to instrumental works, I'll start whistling on occasion.

Also enjoy all of the Big Band & Swing era music. That can help bring a ray of sunshine to brighten my mood when I just don't want to get moving.
Best Answer

That's true @Telynau! I believe that you can get distracted sometimes with the lyrics when you are working out. 

Thank you for sharing! Robot wink

Best Answer