Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

@EdgarFitbit you sure are always welcome. 🙂 Try to listen also to One Day as a Lion, new band of Zack Dela Rocha.

@Edgar wrote:

@jonmartin No, I haven't heard anything about Brandon Boyd's but I'm going to check some of his songs. Thanks for the recommendation Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Oh my! I might need to make a couple dozen playlists out of this thread lol Cat LOL

Currently on my playlist, also a TON of latin music (I blame Zumba), but the ones that are not and get me to move are:

Gold - Adventure Club feat Yuna 

Move it - Mastiksoul

Jenny - Studio Killers

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

That makes two of us @HelenaFitbitSmiley Tongue There have been very great song suggestions and I have already added several to my playlist. Smiley LOL 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Just opened my fitbit account to help me get rid of a few pounds i'm not confortable carrying around... 

Music is the best motivation 🙂 Great songs in this forum!

I think that my cardio 'power song' would be Duality by Slipknot, also I Was Made for Loving You by KISS which always ends up in me dancing around the park instead of increasing my running pace hehe and Bon Jovi and Motley Crue are always on my gym playlists.

Best Answer

@sadieglitter That KISS song is awesome! Well, if you end up dancing that is a great workout too, burns lots of calories, so keep on doing it. Robot Happy

Lovely picture by the way. Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

@sadieglitter Hey! Thanks for participating in this discussion. I saw your post and think, that girl has a good taste of music Smiley Happy 

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

I love to start every workout with You Lift Me Up by Mikey Wax. It puts me in the right frame of mind for enjoying every workout. 

Best Answer

On top of the World by Imagine Dragons.  Gets me upbeat.

Best Answer

@tristramnz I love that song! Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Another one I like is Pearl Jam Rear View Mirror.  I use it when I'm boxing.  The song lyrics are pretty cool, you can craft it anyway you like but I like to think of it as something was holding me back, and we've made a decision to fight it off and move on.  For me that was fat on my belly... I also like the riff at the end which is pretty intense with a big bang on the end, you can do speed to that and then end up with a hard right cross.  Easy to box to.

Best Answer

@tristramnz One of the best albums ever! "Alive" is also one of my favorite songs Smiley Happy Thanks for participating in this discussion!

Best Answer
I am also more of a rock/metal type person when working out. The one song I have to listen to every time is "Wrong Side of Heaven, Righteous Side of Hell" by Five Finger Death Punch. It really inspires me to bust my a** in the gym.
Best Answer

Old school favorites that make me feel really old if no one recognizes them are J Geils Band.- Freeze Frame and Patrick Hernandez - Born To Be Alive 

Songs of today would be One Republic -Love Runs Out and The So Manys - Quiet

Best Answer
Today it was Mr. Little Jeans - Haunted.
I also love listening to Marina and the Diamonds!!!
Best Answer

Excellent song choices from everyone! Keep them coming so we can all share new music options and keep on burning calories. Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost all my musical credibility, I blame zumba Smiley Sad

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Hahahaha! @HelenaFitbit I bet you got good taste in music while you work out. Robot wink

Best Answer

There are many, but I'd add "Marathon" by Rush, especially the chorus.  

Lyrics: "From first to last, the peak is never past

Something always fire the light that gets in your eyes.

One moment's high.  Then glory rolls on by.

Like a streak of lightning that flashes and fades in the summer sky."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcdRLn3bgM

I did not write this song and I do not intend any copyright infringement. Rush-Marathon from the 1985 album 'Power Windows'. Enjoy! Check my channel for more Rush lyrics videos.
Best Answer

@Shlomo-T Thanks for taking the time to let us know your music preference. I haven't heard about "Rush" before, there are so many unknown groups for me now Smiley LOL  I will take my time to give it a taste. 

Keep it up!

Best Answer

I tried to keep up to that once and I think I died a minute in

Best Answer