Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the weirdest thing you've done where you've gotten steps?

I just found out recently that I've been getting steps when I crochet, especially if I'm crocheting fast. It's not a whole lot, but I have noticed that I do get some steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Pitching horse poop?  I take care of 11 horses part-time and on the days where I'm in the barn I figure I pitch an easy six to seven hundred pounds of poop; gets me a lot of steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a really bad case of food poisoning, violently ill for several hours.  My fitbit registered 17 flights of stairs that day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes when I ride a segway at work for awhile, my Surge gives me credit for bicycling for a short time. But I can't top horse poop or food poisoning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't get many steps, but I got 27 floors when I rode the aerial tramway up to Sandia Peak in Albuquerque.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get about 10 steps when I shake salt on my popcorn at night..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dad make sure that he brushes his teeth using the arm that has his Fitbit tracker on so he can get "bonus steps".

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few weeks ago, I was at a bag stuffing party to help a local organization put together goodie bags for a street festival they were having. I was standing up, putting together packs of coupons, maybe doing a bit of bending forward and back, and I was surprised to feel my Fitbit going off to indicate I'd hit 10,000 steps. Maybe I was doing tiny steps, but it was mostly my upper body moving as I put them together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I got 750 steps just by canning some Jalapeño Peppers...  Smiley Happy

Jalapeno Peppers.jpg

Best Answer