Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with the Premium calorie burn goal?

ANSWERED

So I decided to try Premium, to see if I'd like the extra features. So far, I like the graphs, especially the nutritional information (watching my sodium intake), but they've set a goal for me to burn 3764 calories every day. So yesterday was my first day using that new goal and I speed walked for an hour and a half and jogged for 30 minutes and I STILL fell short of that calorie burn goal. 2 hours of exercise isn't enough? That seems crazy to me and I'm used to knocking all of my goals out of the park and it was disappointing to see that even that much exercise didn't get me there. 

Anyone else notice the unrealistic goals?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sparrow86Welcome.. It's important that your BMR is correct. The Calorie Burn Goal is set as Activity Goal + BMR and you can only edit that via the Activity Calories.

I have a case in with Fitbit because it over reports Activity Calories and that causes what you see.  For me it's about 10%

Can you edit the Activity Calories Goal ?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It did seem off. It reckoned that I was 'lightly active' and should increase my activity to 'active', despite the fact that I've tracked 4 gym visits this week alone and walk everywhere. I'm not intending to continue with it after the trial week. I am already a lot more active than I was, I don't need these unrealistic and potentially dispiriting goals. 

Best Answer

@Sparrow86Welcome.. It's important that your BMR is correct. The Calorie Burn Goal is set as Activity Goal + BMR and you can only edit that via the Activity Calories.

I have a case in with Fitbit because it over reports Activity Calories and that causes what you see.  For me it's about 10%

Can you edit the Activity Calories Goal ?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I wasn't sure how to change it, thank you so much! 

Yes, I was able to change the Activity Calories Goal and that changed the entire calorie burn goal. I wonder why the system defaulted to such a ridiculously high goal. I worked out for 3 hours yesterday and barely hit that goal, whew!

Thanks again, I feel much better knowing I can hit the goal today without killing myself, haha!

Best Answer
0 Votes