Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the smallest Fitbit device?

ANSWERED

Hello I am wondering if anyone is able to help. I am an adult female with small wrists (about 12.3 cm or just under 5 inches). I am really keen to get a Fit Bit but when I have tried on the ones that my friends use they are all way too big for me. The problem isn't just the diameter, it is that the tracker part sticks out past where my wrist curves away. Can anyone advise whether any of the trackers is small enough? I don't even mind buying a tracker and then a replacement third party strap if anyone knows of a combination that will work. Thank you very much.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner Unfortunately the Alta HR and Alta, and the Flex 2 as well, have been discontinued. So the smallest now available is the Inspire or the Inspire HR. The Alta line, although small trackers, did not sit well on small wrists as there were gaps each side (I also have small wrists, so know what you mean) I have an Inspire HR and although there is still small gaps at the sides, the fit is much better as the band curves around the wrist immediately, unlike the Alta, where it came away from the face in a direct line. The band is also a softer, more flexible material. For comparison purposes my wrist is 5 1/2"

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello and welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner 

The smallest bands would be for the Ace, which is made for children ages eight and up. The

Ace : One Size; fits wrists 5.0” - 6.34" in circumference.

Other Fitbit styles size

Small : Fits wrists 5.5" - 6.7" in circumference

The Alta HR device can use the same band as the Ace, so that might be a possibility. The new Inspire Fitbit has an optional clip, so it can be used in a variety of ways, so size wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Might one of those two suggestions work for you?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

fitbit flex 2 is probably the smallest and thinnest fit bit with upto 5 days battery life, water proof resistant upto 50 meters.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner Unfortunately the Alta HR and Alta, and the Flex 2 as well, have been discontinued. So the smallest now available is the Inspire or the Inspire HR. The Alta line, although small trackers, did not sit well on small wrists as there were gaps each side (I also have small wrists, so know what you mean) I have an Inspire HR and although there is still small gaps at the sides, the fit is much better as the band curves around the wrist immediately, unlike the Alta, where it came away from the face in a direct line. The band is also a softer, more flexible material. For comparison purposes my wrist is 5 1/2"

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to post. The rigid part of the Flex 2 sticks out past where my wrist curves down so I can get two fingers in down the side... so sadly that won't work. But thanks for the idea anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try the Inspire in store and see how that looks. I appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you considered the Zip.  You don’t wear it on your wrist.  It can be put in your pocket or you can get an after market strap and wear it on your ankle.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  let us know how you like the Inspire!

@J-flex  unfortunately, the Zip was one style that was retired, as was the Flex and Alta series.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thanks for the Zip idea. I may do that if I can't find a wrist one that fits.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s unfortunate that Fitbit made the decision to discontinue the Zip, along with the One and the Blaze have been retired.  Fortunately some of these are still available on Amazon.com.  I’ve had my Zip since the beginning, best little tracker, nothing ever goes wrong with it.  Somewhere along the way I bought a Blaze.  Lots of problems with it and customer support is nonexistent.  And, with the Blaze being discontinued they don’t even response to any questions. So, now I use my Zip and the Blaze is now an overpriced watch.  Should I decide to go with another fitness device it won’t be a Fitbit simply because of their customer service or lack of.

Best Answer

@J-flex I really appreciate your feedback regarding the older Fitbit models. This helps us to keep improving.

If you are experiencing issues with your Fitbit trackers, you can always contact our Support team and check out the warranty policy in this page.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit   It’s great that you want to improve.  How about working on and improving customer service/support.  This is my biggest annoyance with Fitbit.  The competitions  customer support/service is great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still the best smallest device is the Zip.  Fitbit removed this tracker from their inventory.  However, these can still be found via eBay or Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes