Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I love walk away the pounds with leslie Sansone for ALL fitness levels

Why I LOVE Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos and why I truly feel that for anyone who has the go ahead from a doctor to exercise, can do this and used for all fitness levels !

1) I just mentioned the 1st thing...providing you've spoken to a doctor and know you can workout, this is something ALL fitness levels can do. I do not follow or believe in diets or gimmicks and like things we can do for life.

2) I remember doing this at 300 lbs.. I would either do this, shovel snow, use the treadmill ( no longer have one ) weights and dance and I remember doing this even pre journey at my very highest and I remember seeing my reflection in a mirror and crying..did I really look like that kicking and stepping but I pushed forward and in those beginning stages, her words often made me feel less guilty for being where I was. I also always knew I could do the movements, it felt good in the beginning to start something challenging but to know I COULD do it.

3) I live in the country so 100% of my workouts are gym / trainer free since I began my journey and either done in the house or out in the great outdoors - This is something we can all use at home. I'm in Atlantic Canada, full blown winter here and I don't use this program all months of the year but for this time of year, it's a GREAT option for me.

4) It's SO adjustable..I've come a long way since those beginning stages and with journey still to go, I made some changes when I use one of Leslie's routines.. For me, I always run in place ( or around my house ) instead of walking and I keep a bounce going, like a jog for the other movements. I also now keep earphones on and listen to my own music ( sorry Leslie hehe but from so many times before I can still hear her encouraging voice in my head ) and I LOVE my music time and the thing is, this is an easy adjustment and takes an already great workout up to a crazy level if you need to do that. You can work this as hard as you want to. For many days, I'll put on a 40 minute video and the reason I still keep it on, is because it breaks up that running in place with kicks, arm, core work, I can even use weights and again I have my own music on and it works...After this, most days I'll do another 20 - 40 mins of core work, dancing...maybe more running and kicking in place with just music, strength. This gives me a burn of 700+ calories most days. If you have tried this before and didn't feel it was a good enough workout, try again with adjustments and push yourself.. I've trained for 1/2 marathons and know kick butt workouts..this kicks butt when we make it reach our level. On the flip side, if just starting out and you want to start with a 14 minute mile, you don't have to do all the kicks and punches and leg lifts OR the entire 14 minutes - it's so easy to do what you can...try the movements, do your best and get stronger each day, If starting out and have been looking for something you can do feeling like there's nothing, I urge you to try this ( I have no affiliation with Leslie, just my own experience and lot's of reading from others since starting this page in 2011 ) I love how it can reach all ages and levels SO much that this is something I would like to host once a week from my church and call this weekly connecting ( Faithful Fitness )
OH....I have even done the 3 miles outside in the summer on a mini trampoline #TrueStory 🙂 Here is a link to a 1 mile you can try today --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
I also want to add, don't ever let anyone discourage you by saying " It's just walking " again walking or adjusting to add intensity like I do, this is a great workout and you should feel proud !

5) Fitbit friends, get in some crazy awesome steps !! Doesn't matter if you run like me or walk, this will help you get there BUT you'll also work so many other muscle groups...other things I do, during the day, I'll randomly stop what I'm doing and get 500 steps in at a time..waiting for the washer to spin dry..step step step...watching tv at night, I'll often run in place and kick instead of sitting.

So I can't say I do this exclusively, again, in the summer I want to be free like a bird in the outdoors but this is always something in my tool belt and if it's not a tool for you already, I hope you take a moment to check it out and please feel free to ask me ANY questions..I want to help ❤️ ~ Sara Full blog with pictures and video -->
http://sarabown.com/leslie-sansone-walk-away-the-pounds-review

I also host a free mile challenge and virtual 5k / 10k you can send me a pm here if you would like more info --> https://www.facebook.com/SaraBown

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Yes I love Leslie as well. Do one daily. 3-5 miles.

I like the boosted walking ones the best Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to rock out a wokrout already today @WendyB 🙂

Best Answer
I will always love Leslie! Sometimes she irritates the crud of of me, but her workouts were some of the only ones I could do at my least able. And they can be used forever. I even used to have the original WATP series on VHS and bought it again on DVD so I'd be sure to still have it.
Best Answer

I've done WATP through the years, and love it!  I, too, live in the country on a gravel road, so just plain walking out the door is a little tricky.  This is perfect for me!  I've started back up and HOPE to keep it going to get myself back in better shape and take off a bunch of weight.  Thanks for your story--it inspires me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do two of the Leslie Sansone videos every morning, the Walk Indoors Interval and the One-Mile Happy Walk. It's a great way to get your steps in, not to mention active minutes. On the interval one, she has this laugh that's really annoying at 6:00 in the morning, but then I am not Miss Perky then (or ever, really).

I was doing this over the weekend when my boyfriend was over, and he was wondering why she's laughing. I don't know--she's having fun? He also kvetches that it's too loud. I haven't noticed because on weekdays I have the news on when I'm doing my workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do the interval one a lot too and have noticed that laugh thing too! Seems a little much, but she's a happy person! I really like the interval walks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly Covid-19 has kicked my butt! I have gained 40lbs of the 70lbs I lost about 6 years back. It terrifies me. I know that I am not moving enough and stumbled upon Leslie's videos by accident while dully grinding away on my really old really noisy free elliptical:) I fell in love right away. Yes she is a lil high octave at 530am but you know what I got a healthy sweat and I really did feel great. I love her very 80s campy "we can do this!" vibe and I will most deff be purchasing her dvds just in case they ever disappear off youtube. And cause you should always support the artist! Good luck everyone! Get out there and keep pushing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes