Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with resistance bands

I recently started working with resistance bands.  If I workout for 30 minutes, how are those minutes calculated on my Versa?  

Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Likely no steps will be seen.

So like when I do my weight lifting, I'm given a BMR sleeping rate of calorie burn.

Obviously not correct.

Which means if your question is about active or zone minutes, or about calories (not sure what you mean by "minutes calculated") - there are basically none.

Selecting the workout for Weights is heavy for you sets 1-5, reps 5-15, and rests 2-4 min for a good estimate of calorie burn.

Higher reps and rest of 1 min or under is Circuit training if still heavy for you weight.

Otherwise use calisthenics as the workout - add it to list to use it easily, it should do calorie burn by HR, which is not an accurate calculation for calorie burn for this type of workout - but it's not like you are doing it for hours daily, so slightly inflated no big deal.

You can clarify what you mean by minutes calculated if that didn't answer the question.

Enjoy the workout, those bands can really be added up for some really good resistance, and angles of use once figured out really allow some good muscle usage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

Thank you!  I don't have the option for calisthenics on my Versa so I'll have to choose Circuit training.  Your reply was very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you start a workout activity on your watch, it will capture whatever it can during that timeframe. Calories, steps, time in active zones, etc. Since working with bands isn't high impact for HR and not a lot of steps since it is a repetitive activity, you will more than likely see calories burned (probably low) and time in activity as your main data points. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, this topic is very interesting. I'd like to share this help article, which explains how your Fitbit devices track your workouts.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes