Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about my RHR

Since my vacation in Japan my resting heart rate has been 68 instead of 73 like usual... It was an abrubt change... today it was 66 suddenly and the lowest pm was 59 and the lowest recorded was 54, which never happened before... its always 68 and 58. I did get a massage yesterday? And since being here I have walked 15000 steps a day instead of usual 6000... I would say I’m relaxing more because of vacation maybe but I have anxiety so I dont think so. Is it possible that something is wrong? I’ve been to the ER three times for heart palpitations and had an ekg the doctor said my heartbeat was erratic but not enough to be a real arrythmia so bye bye, but it changes from 75 to 63 within a minute and back up while resting. Am I stressing unnesessarily? I do feel heart throbs and I’ve gotten dizzy and faint while socializing 3 times in Japan but I also have anxiety so idk? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Be happy! It sounds like Japan was good for you and the massage relaxed you. That said, the changes you describe are miniscule and barely worth noticing let alone stressing over. If I were you I would give some brief thought to what triggered these improvements and try to build more of that into my life

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the support! I wish I wouldn’t worry so much. Like right now at night when lying down it’s in the low sixties where it would be in the 70’s 2 weeks ago and i stress, and then I stress about my heart rate not going up from stress. Maybe I should just take it off. If the changes and the heart rate going from 60 to 80 within a few seconds are normal, as well as going from 117 to 80 when sitting down after walking in 10 seconds, I need to stop worrying... i just cant... maybe heart rate monitors arent for me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are lots of stories of people who have been unable to sleep after getting a sleep monitor so you would not be the first person to get into a negative loop of anxiety but the truth is it is just a tool giving you raw data which is meaningless in isolation. Low heart rates are generally good though and if it turned into a long term phenomenon you may even live longer. If it genuinely bothers you but you want to increase your exercise then use a simple pedometer. Please dont stress about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Annaloewis  changes in RHR are normal and happen all the time due to a variety of reasons. If your HR was spiking super high, I think it would be more worrisome than it being slow. Having said that, we are not doctors ( a doctor would never offer medical advice on a public forum) nor do we know you enough to say what is normal for you. When you get home, go to your physician and get a physical. That is the only person who should be offering you any kind of advice or comment about your health. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer