Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zumba Alternatives

ANSWERED

I loved my twice weekly Zumba classes, which is amazing because I an not a dance type person at all.  But the classes were fun and it was easy to push myself to the end.  

My Y has cancelled my late evening class.  Most other classes start too early for me. 

So, I am looking for fun alternative ways to work out that are suitable for an overweight 55+ woman!  I do the treadmill, walk stairs and walk outside but these can be boring.  Open to any ideas!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hello there,

I have started using a small selection of DVD workouts that I like. I found that Amazon have a big variety for a few pounds to do at home for those days where gym classes are not in sync with my schedule.

Also if you have one dig out the wii fit or xbox/ps3, there are lots of games now just for fitness such as zumba / yoga ect I like how they keep me focused / distracted from the physical work out.

Where I live our local council has community walks and cycling groups that run during the week and weekends that may interest you dependant upon what your local community offers you and work life balance ect.

Hope that you find something soon every little helps! Happy fitbitting............

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

You may look at getting the video game version of Zumba.  I have an Xbox 360 with Kinect which tracks your body movements and when I can't get to the gym for my Zumba class I pop in my Zumba fitness game.  I find it is very similar to a Zumba class and it even helps you to see if you are doing the moves right.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13
Best Answer

Hello there,

I have started using a small selection of DVD workouts that I like. I found that Amazon have a big variety for a few pounds to do at home for those days where gym classes are not in sync with my schedule.

Also if you have one dig out the wii fit or xbox/ps3, there are lots of games now just for fitness such as zumba / yoga ect I like how they keep me focused / distracted from the physical work out.

Where I live our local council has community walks and cycling groups that run during the week and weekends that may interest you dependant upon what your local community offers you and work life balance ect.

Hope that you find something soon every little helps! Happy fitbitting............

Best Answer

You may look at getting the video game version of Zumba.  I have an Xbox 360 with Kinect which tracks your body movements and when I can't get to the gym for my Zumba class I pop in my Zumba fitness game.  I find it is very similar to a Zumba class and it even helps you to see if you are doing the moves right.

Best Answer

I second this! I have the Wii and Xbox One Zumba games, they're super fun!

Best Answer

I as well have the wii fit and use the zumba and zumba core for it and it's fun and helps burn a lot of calories.

Best Answer

There are a lot of Zumba routines on Youtube. There are actually a lot of free fitness videos on Youtube. I have a Chromecast can can stream the videos to my TV.

Kristina | Ohio

Charge HR, One – Windows 7, iPhone 5

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I highly recommend Turbofire if you love zumba. I am telling you the music and the moves on Turbofire just giv you a blast of energy as you workout.

xo, Morgan Anne

Best Answer

Hi! I just thought I'd pop in to say that I ❤️ Zumba. It's such a great option when I don't want to be outside running, or when I'd rather be social about my exercise. The only thing I've noticed is that Zumba really varies by instructor. How much I sweat depends on how motivated and clever the instructor is...I've had excellent, energetic Zumba instructors, and also some more lethargic ones. I prefer the former!

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

Wate aerobics! It is fun, has music, and is an amazing way to get cardio, and toning. I love it as I'm restricted to low impact activities but in the water, I can jump around and get a great workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

buy a sexy coins belt for belly dance...and shake shake ....follow the youtube belly dance high intensity shaking butt and you will be sweating. 

Trying to do samba shaking butt....will make you sweat for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bokwa rules!

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dance Dance Revolution is a great way to burn calories and get lots of steps in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Wii "Just Dance" series of games, I think there are 4, seems to be a pretty good alternative to Zumba at home. My grandkids drove me nuts (in a good way) playing with those games for hours on rainy or cold days. My wife has the "Biggest Loser" game and we are about to try it, and several other Wii titles with our Fitbits during the winter months. The Wii console hasn't been used much for over the last year but that's about to change. At least until Spring.

Best Answer
0 Votes