Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zumba...how many steps and great at home workouts

ANSWERED

My workout schedule is about to change...I usually go for a run/power walk/elliptical in the morning for abot 45 minutes.  this is where I get most of my steps in. My husband will be working overnights soon and I won't be able to do the run because it conflicts with outr schedules (we have a 1 1/2 year old and it's just the two of us).  about how many steps do you get from about an hour of Zumba and what other in home cardio suggestions do you have (other than walking in the afternoon but sometimes it's too hot)?  I love the weekly challenges, and I need to be able to keep my steps up 🙂

Give me all of your recommendations and suggestions. 

Thanks so much.

"junk food you've craved for an hour, or the body you've craved for a lifetime...your decision"

"Dear Stomach...you are bored, not hungry, so Shut Up!"

Starting weight: 170 lbs
Current Weight: 159 lbs
Goal Weight: 125 lbs
Fitbit Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I dont know how many steps Zumba gets. I think it reallydepends on the routine. It is not the same..

Leslie Sanson is a good in door walking program. Several on Youtube.

Also Jessica Smith

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Definitley Leslie Sansone haha. Also, I go to Blogilates on YouTube. Short and effective workouts. Ekhart yoga is wonderful and good thing to add to any workout plan. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I dont know how many steps Zumba gets. I think it reallydepends on the routine. It is not the same..

Leslie Sanson is a good in door walking program. Several on Youtube.

Also Jessica Smith

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Definitley Leslie Sansone haha. Also, I go to Blogilates on YouTube. Short and effective workouts. Ekhart yoga is wonderful and good thing to add to any workout plan. 

Best Answer

Hi @DaniellaH!  I go to an hour long Zumba class at my gym and I typically expect to get about 6,000 steps from a class.  As Wendy says, it definitely depends on the intensity of the particular workout.  Good luck!

Best Answer

I found a recumbent bike for a decent price on a local buy/sell/trade website and bought it for the house. I do about 30-45 mins a day in the evenings after work. (I get off work at 4 and pick up my kids and come straight home). While they are playing in the house I ride my bike so I can keep my eye on them and pause as needed if they need something. Then when my husband gets home I do a 2 mile walk and if he's busy or late coming home. I pack them up in a wagon with a canopy over it and go for a walk around the neighborhood. That's all I have been doing and I've had great results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notice that bike riding yields very little steps with my flex. Do you have any suggestions re: biking. This is an activity I enjoy but with such a low yield, I tend to put more time pounding the pavement to reach my goal. s

Best Answer
0 Votes

I acknowledge that yoga is a very good exercise (although i do not enjoy it); but i feel it has very little effect on the steps; am i right? s

Best Answer
0 Votes

I take an hour long Zumba class at the gym and I usually get between 5,500 to 7000 steps.

Best Answer

I do yoga for the benefit of stretching.  I never get many steps from yoga/Pilates classes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I receive  at least 5900 -6,500 steps in an hour Zumba class.

Best Answer