Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counting carbs and protein

ANSWERED
Need my food intake to display carbs, protein and fats in grams. Not counting calories except to be sure I'm eating enough. Can I get this feature?
Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@W247 wrote:

Tracking sugar grams would also be beneficial!

Fitbit does track them but it's only available with a premium membership. This is fairly insane, as nothing in your diet is killing you faster than sugar. 

Best Answer

Tracking sugar for diabetics would be very helpful!

Best Answer

My fit bit app tracks the percentage of carbs, protein, fats and fiber each day and I do not have the premium membership. After I enter the food it keeps a percentage of each amount. I can tell you for me getting my fats to 108 grams a day has been a challenge and even though I have now lost 51#s I have only gotten my fats that high 3 times it just seems impossible for me to get them that high. It is much easier to get the fats higher by drinking 1 bullet proof coffee a day and eating 3 fat bombs a day. Search for a keto calculator to tell you what your breakdown should be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use LoseIt!  (Loseit.com)  It is simpler than MyFitnessPal and definitely less cumbersome than the Fitbit food tracking.  It tracks and compiles any nutrition info instantly, and you can (with purchase of the $30/year Premium membership - worth it) create charts showing your goals for things like carbs, protein, fiber, water, etc.  LoseIt! will recommend (based on your height, age, sex, and weight) an optimum number for each category you choose and will create the graph to illustrate how you are doing throughout the day relative to that goal.  I don't know about syncing with the Fitbit dashboard and logs, but it's so simple to use, syncing won't be necessary.  I don't have a smart phone, but I understand from others that the LoseIt! app is great, especially the UPC scanning function.  (I'm rambling a bit - need breakfast!)

Best Answer
I can't find in my Fitbit HR where it shows carbs when I enter my food. It seems to only show calories in/out.
Best Answer

It is not on the watch itself but on the website at fitbit.com.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The food Android app is really deficient without showing protein, carbs, fat, fiber and nutrients. It should not be to hard to link the entry data to the USDA food database, which is free....
Best Answer
The Android food app is really deficient without showing protein, carbs, fat, fiber and nutrients. It should not be too hard to link the entry data to the USDA food database, which is free. At least allow users to export their food entry data to the USDA food database.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There has to be a way to count the total protein in one day in the App without having to log to a computer.

Best Answer

Is this available to be seen on the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have calorie tracking in food log of fitbit charger 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

food log only shows calories 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for adding. Do you think you'll have it auto count net carbs at some point or will that be a manual process thru user input?

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 for totals in grams on the mobile app. This really should be in already, I feel.

@Simonetoo wrote:

Thanks for adding. Do you think you'll have it auto count net carbs at some point or will that be a manual process thru user input?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only on the computer/browser, not in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to pay MyFitnessPal to upgrade for that feature.

V.J.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the newest Fitbit to my desktop to work with my Versa.  I get graphs in my food log showing me the percentages of protein, carbs and fat and it also calculates calories---but nowhere do I see actual tabulated grams of carbs and protein.  Has this been changed on the newest Fitbit download to desktop?  If not, then I need more precise details where to find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't we set a protein goal as we can with water and calories?

Best Answer