Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit shorting me on steps.

Some days it seems my fitbit doesnt keep up. I have to manually sync it and I dont know if its just lagging or what.

It shows on my dashboard, my best in a day for steps is 10 thousand, when there have been days when I have walked closer to 11,000.

Just wondering if its wifi lagging causing it not to count, or if its my fitbit not counting correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Curious where on dashboard you see your top steps day?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

as soon as i find that info i will reply. i think its on my dashboard. but while im walking, my fitbit isnt counting always, and i have to manually sync to get it moving, so im not sure if its keeping accurate steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, it was in my badges, it is showing my best in a day was 10 thousand, when i know i have had many better days. but some days i walk an hour and i have around 5200 steps, other days i walk an hour and have less than 4,000.

i know all can be different, but some days it is obvious it isnt keeping the right steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KywalkinVal wrote:

ok, it was in my badges, it is showing my best in a day was 10 thousand, when i know i have had many better days. but some days i walk an hour and i have around 5200 steps, other days i walk an hour and have less than 4,000.

i know all can be different, but some days it is obvious it isnt keeping the right steps.

There may be other problems you are seeing, but the badges part is not a problem.  10 thousand step badge does not mean that was your highest.  After 10,000 the next badge is for 15,000 daily steps. Anything in between 10,000 and 14,999 steps just gets the 10,000 step badge.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

thank you for helping me out on that.

i know i am getting close to that some days. 

i watch my steps and while an hour walking is usually only off by a few steps, tens maybe even 100, some days it can be as much as a thousand.

i am just wondering why it lags and i watch the stepper isnt turning, then i have to sync.

i will get it all worked out, thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KywalkinVal wrote:

i am just wondering why it lags and i watch the stepper isnt turning, then i have to sync.

i will get it all worked out, thanks again.

If you're talking about watching the fitbit, you may lose steps during that because it senses the arms swinging.

If you are talking about watching your phone, it can easily lose sync with the fitbit while walking but it will catch up.

Best Answer
0 Votes