Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people average 50000 steps per day?

ANSWERED

Who has the time to average 50,000 steps a day!? How can this be possible?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
930 REPLIES 930

Guess I didn't do this in 10hrs then. Guess I dont get up at 6am every morning & dont stop walking till about 10pm. I guess you just can't understand how for the last 3yrs of data it shows the same every day. I guess you can't handle that others are more active than you & can do it no problem. My next BIG day is coming up soon.... planning on that being an 80k day. Once a month I do a huge day. Want me to gopro the entire time just so you can feel better?

10hrs.PNG101.PNG

Best Answer

Hello guys! 

Thank you for sharing your goals and experiences with the Community.  

Please remember this is a place to motivate each other to reach our goals. Keep your comments friendly and courteous. Remember we all have different lifestyles and that's why our step counts differ. I encourage you to have fun while you get fit!  Smiley Very Happy

Keep on the good way and good luck!

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello again everyone!

I'm jumping in the thread once again to remind everyone to keep this conversation casual, courteous and free of personal attacks.

If you have any questions as to what is acceptable behaviour within our community, here's  a link to our Community Guidelines. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Helena Arriaza-- Wrote:

What's for lunch? Tell me what you are cooking!

Smoky Tilapia Tacos

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
  • 2 pounds tilapia fillets
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons canned chopped green chiles
  • 1 diced peeled avocado
  • 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas (certified gluten-free if necessary)

Directions

Preheat broiler to high.

Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush fillets with oil, and sprinkle with spice mixture. Place fillets on a baking sheet. Broil 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Best Answer

I do agree, I have to be innovative, like running up and down the stairs with my son

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is absurb, its like a marathon every hour, maybe should start entering marathons by walking and settting all time world records....lol

Best Answer

Yes, I agree.  Depending on the type of work one does, or the activity they are involved with, 50K could be attained.  I've heard and or read in my local paper of people regularly walking, or hiking, 20 miles + a day through rough hot terrain along the southern border of our Country, as well as other parts of our Country, all the time.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, I bet that is delicious.  I've been playing around in the kitchen lately and realized I can stir up a good dish without all of those extra ingredients.  Mashed potatoes.  Boil the potatoes until soft, mash them add a little milk and butter and BINGO, there you go. Salt to taste.   Scrambled eggs, heck fire, stir up a couple of eggs and drop them into a pan with butter, BANG mmmmmm great.  Wanna add some cheese, salt, pepper, sure but not necessary.  Basically, I'm tired of buying cans of some necessary ingredient only to use a teaspoon of it, LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally washed and dried my Zip today. Fortunately, it still works. I got about 3 miles in the dryer in only half an hour. 

http://48statehike.blogspot.com
Best Answer

i find that i get steps when i play Fruit Ninja on the ipad lol ... so i take it off. i do my best to make Fitbit reflect my actual steps/physical activity

2 days ago, i went hiking ... probably walked 5 or 6 hours worth, i got 28K something steps (had to pace around the house to get it to 30K - for the badge and all lol).  so 100K steps sure must be a marathon of some kind, definitely not hiking cause those uphills take less steps and more time to complete.

its easy to cheat pedometers ... that is why i dont think about "number of steps" ... i think about fitness, and the ability to train without getting injured. legit 100K steps a day for 3 months is an injury waiting to happen.

Best Answer

Who says it's an injury waiting to happen? If you are fit, healthy.....it's just steps.

It would be like saying running daily is an injury waiting to happen, or just simply walking, talking, breathing.......

Not everyone has a wrist worn device so shaking your hand.... does not do a **ahem** thing.

All week I been getting 40k minimum..... a few days 50, others 45...... would that still be cheating? Not legit? Injury waiting to happen? I'm able to get 40k and THEN go for my run..... then walk to work, work and walk back 5 hours later..... no injury.

If you are fit and take care then what injury?

Best Answer
0 Votes

lol....

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old are you raynedrop?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does that make a difference? I'm fit, healthy & 40...... not that age would have a **ahem** thing to do with it. 4 years ago I was unfit, unhealthy & 37. Got injured MORE from being unfit, only injury I have had now is breaking a toe by kicking the bed be accident..... but still didn't stop me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there guys Cat Happy

Keep it courteous, please!

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

On the weekend of 20 & 21 June I participated in an organised 24 hour event which involved a lot of walkng starting from 12 noon.  On the 20th I did 41,554 steps and on the 21st (remember it was a night with no sleep) I did 60,139 steps.  I had a 2 hour power nap when I got home mid afternoon 🙂 One day I would like to beat my best but unless I do the same event next year  doubt it will be possible.

20.06.15.JPG21.06.15.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
Riding my motorcycle while wearing my charge HR has given me 800 extra steps, plus extra stairs, so its an example of how people can cheat. I can't figure out how to edit it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@TinaMarie123 you can log driving as an activity for that time period and it will negate the steps.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but I really have a hard time believing that anyone can do 50,000 steps in a day without walking from the second they get up to the second they go to bed.  That means you're in constant motion for your entire day!  I can see 30,000-35,000. While I don't concern myself with how many steps others take, I am quite certain that anyone who does that many steps must be exhausted at days end.  I have a friend who is a drummer and wears his Fitbit.  His arms are in constant motion and he doesn't register 50,000 steps....just sayin'

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suppose If your a runner maybe, I know the most I have done is I believe 25,000 and that was rough. LOL

Best Answer