Did you mean: 

how do you get fitbit flex to register steps from biking

does anyone know how to get the flex to register steps from biking

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@universe53 wrote:

does anyone know how to get the flex to register steps from biking

The fitbit was not designed to register steps while doing anything other than walking/jogging.  However, I have heard of people slipping their fitbits around their ankles (if you are lucky enough to have small ankles) or you can somehow strap it to your shoe so the motion of your leg as you are pedaling registers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks  i might try putting around my ankle and see if it works.  Thanks for replying to my question.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a website that gives a conversion formula to translate biking into steps.  So, I wanted to add those steps to my daily total.  Is there a way to do that?  I'm in a challenge and it looks like I'm way behind, but, if I could add the step equivelent to the daily count manually, I'd better represent my efforts.  

Any way to manually add steps to the daily total?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes @LisaS468 and @universe53
Go to log excersise, search bike and set your activity time etc. manually. Also when I'm biking I keep my Fitbit arm to the side or on my knee to record accurately, then log exercise....hope this helps.
https://www.fitbit.com/group/22KLTTSpring Into Summer 2016Perseverance and moving on is who I am
Best Answer
0 Votes

@universe53

I loop mine through my shoe laces when I'm on the bike, either riding outdoors or on a recumbent bike. This registers steps for me and is a simple adjustment without trying to do conversions. I use MapMyFitness to log my exercise but it doesn't always translate, this takes care of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tip! I'll try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I'll try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get steps from using my recumbent bike by wearing a slip on sandal and taping the fitbit to the top of my foot.  Tape was on the bottom joining the band.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tip. I think I may try that. 😀👍 Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

great suggestions for bike tracking.  I just got an outdoor recumbent trike and  first fitbit tracker.  The fitbit didn't work on tracking; so I will try these suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes