Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more fitbit features for "normal" (non gym) people and more cycling stats

ANSWERED

hello dear fitbiters,

I just noticed that as a "normal" person, who is not visiting gym 3 days per week (well, I'm never there tbh) and that I'm not jogging all the time (I never do such stuff) - I feel like fitbit app and features really don't meet my needs.
There is tons of workouts that you can find in fitbit app, but when I need something I'm often checking there and see that I'd need to find it on youtube anyway.

I'll give you example: I'm stuck at office and I am about to take my 5 mins off. I'm sitting there all day dressed up according to business dress code. I'd need to stretch my muscles. Why is yt full of "office exercise videos" but fitbit app is lacking it (even now that I do have premium). Sorry I won't jump in high heels and I wont take 10 mins of intense workout on the floor and beeing all sweaty for the rest of the day. Would it be so hard to include something less intense that lasts 5 mins in that section? Maybe more than one? (Now, I'm demanding I know, but ppl tend to get bored if they are doing same workout 2 times per day most days.)

Second thing is cycling. I love taking bike rides (I love to take trips so I mostly use walk, hike or bike tracking on my watch). But then there are always things that feels clumsy to me. Like elevation stat. I usually plan ahead my trip, so I know what elevation I'm about to climb with my bike. For me, that is the most important stat to know during cycling - am I in the beginning of my climb, the middle or am I just under the top, is really motivating me. I know that satat is in the end of workout. But, not among stats on first page and also when you do check workout recap elevation graph it contains elevation gain over time o.0??? Really? yes it might be useful to know how long it took me to climb my hill but not really. OK. That is totally useful with hiking and I like it there the way it is, but with cycling I'd expect elevation over kilometers. Or even better: both of them! So atm, I'm using komoot app for logging my bike rides together with logging it with my fitbit watch just to drain my phone battery more efficient and so that I can have useful cycling recap after my cycling trip.

..and it doesn't really ends with workout recap stats. Then you stop cycling and some stretching would be useful. Yes, you guess it right - no stretching "workout" video can be found in the fit video pool (not for hikers, not for the joggers, not for anyone alse). It's obvious youtube time again.

Well - if everything I need is something that I need to find on yt, why checking workouts on fitbit in the first place? And also, needing another app to track my exercise it a bit strange concept to me.

Does anyone feel the same? Should we write suggestion(s) and upvote them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JustNikki Hi there. You should always feel free to add your ideas to the features page. If you feel strongly about things missing and that it will improve the experience for you and others- go for it. I think we all have different needs and fitbit tries to care for the majority with their offerings, but there is always room for more. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@JustNikki Hi there. You should always feel free to add your ideas to the features page. If you feel strongly about things missing and that it will improve the experience for you and others- go for it. I think we all have different needs and fitbit tries to care for the majority with their offerings, but there is always room for more. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer