Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nordic track

Anyone use Nordic Track? I can't figure out how to manually log the activity. I don't know what the calorie count burned is. If I did I wouldn't need Fitbit. (My machine is old and doesn't give feedback. It's a simply gliding mechanism with arm pulley and skis.) Anyone know how to figure out calories burned on Nordic Track?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I had that same type of machine about 20 years ago. I bought it used. I don't think you can accurately track calories on the NordicTrac itself.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I went on Livestrong and found that a 150 lb man burns between 415 and 450 calories an hour, depending on intensity of NT workout. So I'm putting my own burn in my log as 400. I'm cheating because I way 127, am female, and NT for 50 minutes. Don't tell on me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean "weigh" of course.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marciahg I love how enthusiastic you are about tracking!  Thus, I'd like to share some information to help you more accurately track. Men burn more calories on average then Women for the same time/activity. Weight and age are also factors, heartrate should also be considered. Unfortunately, tracking tools on most elliptical machines and treadmills aren't very accurate. If you are looking for more accurate data, I'd suggest investing in a HR 2, you will be able to track the activities type and your calories burned will be calculated based on your individual specifics, including your heartrate during exercise. I tracked manually for a long time, which worked ok, but it sure is nice to have it provide to me via my Charge 2 now.

Calories.JPG

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I have an HR Fitbit. So far I love it. But the problem is that Nordic Track is not one of the activities listed. The closest thing is elliptical, but the NT is not an elliptical but a ski glider. The other activity I do that I have to log manually is yoga. The calculations are very inaccurate but I don't know what else to do but estimate. It's really just for my head anyway. If you have a better solution for tracking NY, yoga, stretching, strengthening(core, legs, arms), please let me know. I appreciate your input.

Best Answer

Could you track it as cross country skiing?

Best Answer
0 Votes