Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

treadmill walking

I am unable to walk on the treadmill without using both hands to hold on. Consequently I am unable to get steps counted for that 30 minutes of activity! 

Am I doing something wrong with my device ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same effect as holding a shopping cart handle.

It can't see the impacts from your feet.

You can take it off wrist and put on body - that's what many do when shopping for that problem.

Some devices start as on-body ones.

But you might like HR readings for walking.

In which case some find putting on ankle still gets HR reading, and at least the impact of 1 step - so steps and distance and calories will be wrong, but you got HR.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for your reply, I will give a try to putting it on my ankle.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to correct part of my comment - if it really can read the HR - then the device will use HR-based calorie burn.

So the fact you may get half the steps and half the distance seen doesn't mean you'll get half the calories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer