Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using two fit bits

ANSWERED

I like the flex 2, but I also have the new versa - I like the flex 2 for nights because of the size - how do I get them both to sync as I change from one to the other?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit allows multiple trackers connected to an account provided they are different types of tracker. So, a Flex 2 and Versa will not be a problem.

Assuming your fitbit account has the Flex 2 connected at the moment, go into the account section of the app (the icon looks like an ID card) and select "set up a device". Choose Versa and follow the prompts. This will add the versa to your account without affecting your data, settings, badges etc.

You can then just swap trackers when you like and when it syncs it will combine the data into your dashboard. Each time you sync it will look for both fitbits and sync those within range. Fitbit have a help file with more information on this at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715/

One tip I'll give is that I found it best to sync trackers when I swapped. In theory you shouldn't need to but I had a few strange results that I couldn't explain when I didn't sync.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Fitbit allows multiple trackers connected to an account provided they are different types of tracker. So, a Flex 2 and Versa will not be a problem.

Assuming your fitbit account has the Flex 2 connected at the moment, go into the account section of the app (the icon looks like an ID card) and select "set up a device". Choose Versa and follow the prompts. This will add the versa to your account without affecting your data, settings, badges etc.

You can then just swap trackers when you like and when it syncs it will combine the data into your dashboard. Each time you sync it will look for both fitbits and sync those within range. Fitbit have a help file with more information on this at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715/

One tip I'll give is that I found it best to sync trackers when I swapped. In theory you shouldn't need to but I had a few strange results that I couldn't explain when I didn't sync.

Best Answer
Thank you - I got away from the versa and then the other one synced and all
was okay - it is tracking fine now - one was charging, but it kept syncing
anyway - ha - so I finally went to the other end of the house and it worked
fine. Thanks again.
Best Answer

Thank you - I went to the other end of the house and it worked just fine - I had one on the charger, it kept syncing but when I got far enough away the other one did sync and all is good now.

Best Answer

Durng a sync, the app will try and sync both trackers.

The tracker shown in the too right is usually the last tracker to sync, or the tracker the app is currently talking to.

Best Answer
Well I used my flex two because I needed more freedom and it's smaller for
several days - now my versa will not connect with blue tooth and sync -
it's so frustrating for me to get it to work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried restarting the tracker or Versa, maybe even doing a shutdown on both?

Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=sync

It might also be helpful to know what phone..

Best Answer
0 Votes

it was working ok - I have an I phone 8 - it wont sync the versa but it will the flex2 - so I have almost 5,000 steps for today that I don't get credit for and that would be well over my goal - just very frustrating - I switched when I realized that the versa would not sync

Best Answer

I am using charge 2 and zip both will sync to iPhone but I am not getting a total for both. I get individual total of last device that was synced. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The way it is supposed to work @YThomson 

Let's say the Charge 2 was worn in the morning then atoon a sync is performed and at this time are synced to your Fitbit account, then the data in the account gets synced to the Zip. Now the Zip, your account and the Charge 2 should agree on step count. https://community.fitbit.com/guidelines

OK the above is the idea when a sync is performed at the time the user changes trackers. 

OK let's say the sync is not performed when switching trackers. The Charge 2 has steps, with time, recorded. The Zip also has steps, with time, recorded. At some point later in the day, both trackers sync. The Fitbit server now has two records, one for the Zip the other for the Charge 2. Fitbit then goes through the timelines of the records. combining the minutes with steps for each tracker into the main record of your day. Now a second sync of both trackers will be initiated to sync the days total to both trackers. Now all three should agree. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I called support before I posted and was told that they will not sync even though that’s not what the support site says. But the site doesn’t explain how it works. Your response does and cleared up why mine weren’t syncing right away. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My personal experience is you will lose unsynced activity data on Device A when you switch to Device B. For a brief period of time, I switched between an Inspire HR and a Versa and ran into this a few times. When I forgot to force a resync before switching, the new device (let say I am switching to my Versa) will get the current activity data from the phone. When I switch back to my Inspire HR, the Inspire HR will get the current data from my phone. Whatever data on the Inspire HR that were not synced will be lost. The way to avoid this is to force a sync before switching.

Best Answer