Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workout

ANSWERED

Hello, I am 55 years old, in pretty good shape...but am looking for any suggestions on a full body workout....my aerobic health is great.....7 mile daily....60 mins or more of cardio minutes....but am concerned about muscle loss as I age. any ideas would be great. I don't have a lot of equipment, but am willing to get some. Keith

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Spanky1 hey there! I agree with you about adding weights into your exercise routine. Especially if you are cardio heavy. You can for sure look up videos and men's health sites to get ideas. There are workouts that use dumbbells, resistance bands, kettle bells.. you can invest in an inexpensive bench that comes with all sorts of weights. I think research is the key though. you probably want to read the difference between  low reps, sets, lifting light vs heavy and how to target specific areas.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Weights

There are many YouTube videos that can help you get started

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spanky1 hey there! I agree with you about adding weights into your exercise routine. Especially if you are cardio heavy. You can for sure look up videos and men's health sites to get ideas. There are workouts that use dumbbells, resistance bands, kettle bells.. you can invest in an inexpensive bench that comes with all sorts of weights. I think research is the key though. you probably want to read the difference between  low reps, sets, lifting light vs heavy and how to target specific areas.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're going to lift weights, stick to compound movements (multi-joint lifts). Doing compound movements will work multiple muscle groups at a time.

Muliti-joint/Compound movements(keep it simple)

(either machines or free weights is fine)

Upper body:

Pulldowns/Rows/Pullups (back, shoulders, biceps)

Presses/Dips (chest, shoulders, triceps)

Lower Body:

Leg Press, Deadlifts, Squats.

You really won't need to do arms directly unless you really feel you need to. Also, there's not a huge need to lift with your ego. Lift with weights amounts that you can keep good and strict form. Try not to worry about your 1 rep max weight.

Most of all, have fun lifting.

Best Answer
0 Votes