Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple healthy choice

I call this black bean stew. 

Sautee the pepper and onions in a pan - use olive oil or just water. 

Combine the following: 

4 cans of black beans (or you can get the beans from a bag and boil them yourself - a lot cheaper, healthier, but not quite as soft.) 

1 can of corn (or you can scrape them off the cob if you like)

2 cans of diced tomatoes. (or dice three tomatoes of the vine if it pleases you) 

The sauteed veggies already mentioned: 

1 diced onion

2 diced green peppers

You can add diced ham, or diced chicken or even tofu if you like. This stuff really needs no seasonings by my taste - but that's just my opinion. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for sharing!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good. Will give it a try

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing this recipe @Ukase, it sounds amazingly delicious and nutritive! Heart

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good, I will definitely try this one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love black beans! I add some avocado to it as well, the flavor is amazing when you mix all the ingredients. Thank you for sharing the recipe @UkaseRobot wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just not sure how I feel about that. Avocado is green! I just don't think it would look that good in there...and I confess - I loathe the taste of it. 

But - aside from my minority opinion on the ugly green superfood, I'm glad you like it. 

For those trying to build muscle - a 1/4 cup of brown rice should complete the protein found in the black beans. I can't recall if I mentioned that before. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hahahaha, I can understand that. It doesn't look that good maybe, I think that it's because I love avocado and I add it to whatever food I can Robot Embarassed. With or without it, this recipe is delicious!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes