Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding recipes

I have been using a different tracking app, but since I now have both the Charge HR and the Aria scale, I'd like to try to keep all of my food and activity tracking in one place, on the Fitbit website/app. I see I can add individual ingredients and log them for meals, but how/where can I add a recipe for something I cook at home and save it for future tracking?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

How do you like the Aria scale?  My husband wants to get us one, but we have heard mixed reviews.  Would love to hear how you like it so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really like it so far. I bought it from Amazon and there were a number of negative reviews about people having difficulty setting it up, so I was a little skeptical. But I got mine, went to the website and had no problems with setup at all. Every morning, I pull it out and put it on the floor and step on it and get my reading. It uploads immediately to the Fitbit dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The way I do it if you have the Nutritional Info is set up a record by create a Food. Name it with your recipe name and then add the NI to that record.

Hope that helps

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I don't see a way to do that with multiple ingredients.  I see add meals, but that didn't seem to give you the ability to do that?

I'd like to add chili that has about 5 ingred. and you certainly don't eat the whole thing at one time.  Where is the option to add a recipe?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sandycrochet You don't add multiple ingredient's. You set up one record with just the NI of the entire recipe.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

This feature doesn't appear to be available at FitBit yet (they had it on my last tracker).  I used MyFitnessPal to enter my entire recipe and once you specify the yield, it will give you the per serving breakdown.  Then I enter that into my FitBit as a custom food.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I entered the recipe into My Fitness Pal and I see it giving the nutrional breakdown for per serving, but don't see the ingredients broken down per serving?  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

in meals ->   create meal ->   name new meal save -> add ingrediants and qty (serving qty) ->

finish meal   all done

The only dificulty i found that when i add say 190 grams it shows as 190 cup   but the nutrition values  are right for serving size

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Coralops

If you have the nutritional information per serving, simply enter it as a new food, rather than as a new meal. You put in the serving size (I always use grams) and the NI for that serving. By entering the serving size in grams, you can easily weigh and adjust a serving based on how big you cut it or dipped it or whatever.

I use the recipe analyzer at Calorie Count, but it sounds like MFP has the same thing.

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi...I am interested in this, but cannot see if anyone replied to your post.  Can you please let me know if there is a way to add recipes to the food log for foods I make at home?  Thanks!

Best Answer