Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any healthy breakfast ideas?

ANSWERED

I need help for some nice but healthy breakfast idea's to help me kick start the day! Any tips?Smiley LOLHeart

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My first tip is -- you don't have to have breakfast foods for breakfast. Sometimes I will have leftovers for breakfast! There's no reason you can't do that.

Other than that some things I will have for breakfast:

-green smoothies, easy on the fruit. Fruit is tasty and nutritious but also has a lot of sugar. I'll use a great big handful of greens (1-2 cups), a cup of water, maybe half a cup of fruit. I will often add protein powder to it, which improves the flavor a lot. If I need more calories in my breakfast I will add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter. You can also try out things like cinnamon, or ground ginger, or a little bit of fruit juice to make it sweeter without adding too much volume. I will sometimes make a double batch and save half for the next day. It just needs a good shake before you drink it.

-overnight oats. For one normal serving I'll put 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats and 1/2 cup of milk or water into a sealable container and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning it will have thickened up. Then I add whatever I want to it. Protein powder, almond/peanut butter, mixed nuts, fruit/berries, etc. You could also try out a 'savory oats' with crumbled bacon and cheese if you want.

-Hard boiled eggs and bacon. I can cook up a dozen eggs (or more) and a pack of bacon on the weekend and have breakfasts all week. This is my go-to option for low-carb breakfasts. I've been doing a low carb, high fat diet for a bit now and am very pleased with it.

-Egg "muffins". There are a LOT of recipes you can try out, but basically just mix up a bunch of eggs with diced veggies and (if you want) meat, plop it into a muffin tin, and bake. Then you have the equivalent of small, pre-portioned omelets all ready to go.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My first tip is -- you don't have to have breakfast foods for breakfast. Sometimes I will have leftovers for breakfast! There's no reason you can't do that.

Other than that some things I will have for breakfast:

-green smoothies, easy on the fruit. Fruit is tasty and nutritious but also has a lot of sugar. I'll use a great big handful of greens (1-2 cups), a cup of water, maybe half a cup of fruit. I will often add protein powder to it, which improves the flavor a lot. If I need more calories in my breakfast I will add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter. You can also try out things like cinnamon, or ground ginger, or a little bit of fruit juice to make it sweeter without adding too much volume. I will sometimes make a double batch and save half for the next day. It just needs a good shake before you drink it.

-overnight oats. For one normal serving I'll put 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats and 1/2 cup of milk or water into a sealable container and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning it will have thickened up. Then I add whatever I want to it. Protein powder, almond/peanut butter, mixed nuts, fruit/berries, etc. You could also try out a 'savory oats' with crumbled bacon and cheese if you want.

-Hard boiled eggs and bacon. I can cook up a dozen eggs (or more) and a pack of bacon on the weekend and have breakfasts all week. This is my go-to option for low-carb breakfasts. I've been doing a low carb, high fat diet for a bit now and am very pleased with it.

-Egg "muffins". There are a LOT of recipes you can try out, but basically just mix up a bunch of eggs with diced veggies and (if you want) meat, plop it into a muffin tin, and bake. Then you have the equivalent of small, pre-portioned omelets all ready to go.

Best Answer

http://www.simple-veganista.com/2017/02/chocolate-almond-butter-smoothie-bowl.html

not sure if you enjoy smoothies but this was so delicious....I made it last week...I felt like I was eating icecream for breakfast ......

www.50plusstickingtogether.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually have a banana, yogurt, and a portion of almonds for breakfast. It's not perfect. There is some sugar with the yogurt and banana, and it's not a lot of calories so it only gets me by to mid morning. But, it's super quick, easy and fairly healthy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mishi_xoxo wrote:

I need help for some nice but healthy breakfast idea's to help me kick start the day! Any tips?

My Solution:

Lately, I have been having a really hard time with eating enough food and especially getting food that was healthy. Over easy or scrambled eggs with toast and butter. Fried potatoes are optional but I also recommend bacon or sausage so you get some type of meat in your breakfast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The worst possible breakfast is to have no breakfast. 

For me, I like to have a large bowl of muesli (http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-muesli-fruit---nut-15kg), with sliced banana and semi-skimmed milk. 

And a cup of tea!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually dice up some peppers, onions, mushrooms and keep them in the fridge. I make an egg white omelet with the pepper mix with some low fat cheese and salsa. This is really good and filling. You can also keep broccoli or spinach on hand as well. I have the carton of egg whites in the fridge and probably use 1/2 to 1 cup of the egg whites. Good luck!

Best Answer