Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever tried Teecino? (A coffee alternative)

ANSWERED

A few years ago I picked up the awful habit of drinking excessive coffee w/ cream and sugar... 95% sure it has attributed to at least some weight gain.

Recently I've started scaling back prety successfully. Very recently I've been trying to drink two 10oz cups per day with cream only, and it's been going pretty well... (that's a lot less than I used to drink). But it is hard as HELL and takes a lot of dedication to not go for a third and fourth cup.

I RARELY drink coffee for the energy boost... I honestly drink it for the taste. I've been reading about how the caffeine in coffee (regular AND decaf) causes high levels of cortisol in the body, which can effect your metabolism and make you gain weight, etc. etc.

I was reading about this caffeine-free stuff called "Teecino" which claims to rebalance the negative effects of coffee. Has anyone tried it? I read some reviews that make it seem pretty good, and it looks good on Fooducate, so I'm wondering if I can replace coffee with this stuff but still drink a good bit of it haha.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If community members watching this space had a personal experience with Teeccino, they probably would have seen your post and responded to it. Given that you have an interest in finding a suitable replacement for coffee, and you’ve identified Teeccino as one candidate, why don’t you give it a try? It’s not like it’s going to kill you, or cause an addiction or anything else harmful. Best case: you’ll like it and adopt it. Worse case: you don’t like it and can quit it and look for something else.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Correction: spelled "Teeccino"

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you need to "rebalance the negative effects of coffee", why not stop drinking coffee? Then its alleged negative effects will disappear. Coffee is an excellent stimulant that can enhance performance and help with fat loss (by making you more active). It’s (relatively) cheap, has no calories (unlike Teeccino) and is very well researched. Its main negative effects is on sleep, so I don’t drink it in the evening. I personally have no problem to stick to a dose that is high enough to be useful, but low enough not to produce harmful effects or become addictive. In other words, it’s an ideal "supplement" for me.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

I appreciate the input, however I feel quitting coffee is a lot easier said than done. I enjoy it too much, and I just can't bring myself to stop drinking coffee right now. That's why I feel that a similar tasting replacement could be good, and so I'm tempted to try Teeccino, or Postum which I'm reading about now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

bumping post

Best Answer
0 Votes

bump bump bump bump

Best Answer
0 Votes

If community members watching this space had a personal experience with Teeccino, they probably would have seen your post and responded to it. Given that you have an interest in finding a suitable replacement for coffee, and you’ve identified Teeccino as one candidate, why don’t you give it a try? It’s not like it’s going to kill you, or cause an addiction or anything else harmful. Best case: you’ll like it and adopt it. Worse case: you don’t like it and can quit it and look for something else.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

If you truly enjoy coffee, then start scaling back on the cream and drink it black.  I'll warn you though, if you do you may find that you are pickier about your coffee.  I gave up crappy machine coffee from work and the relatively tasteless Timmy's drive through stuff.  (I know, I may need to revoke my Canadian citizenship with that last comment.)

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer