Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any downsides to eating exactly the same meal everyday?

ANSWERED

I’ve fallen in love with eating salad with canned tuna (flavoured varieties) and firm tofu. 
I could easily eat it every meal, at least lunch and dinner.  

Would this be a bad thing?   It’s 286 calories with 1.6gm of carbs.  I’m doing Keto so it fits in well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My dietitian has said not really an issue as long as other meals are changing throughout the day to ensure a variety of nutrients are eaten. 
However, as you mentioned this being a canned tuna, that might change the answer. Canned tuna can be high in heavy/hard metals (mercury specifically). It is something that you shouldn't have every day. The same dietitian suggested to me no more than twice a week. 

I hope this helps you out!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

My dietitian has said not really an issue as long as other meals are changing throughout the day to ensure a variety of nutrients are eaten. 
However, as you mentioned this being a canned tuna, that might change the answer. Canned tuna can be high in heavy/hard metals (mercury specifically). It is something that you shouldn't have every day. The same dietitian suggested to me no more than twice a week. 

I hope this helps you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, because the tuna contain a lot of sodium for preservation, lately, I'm also falling in love with the Caesar Salad from Costco, however, you have to use less than hr package of dressing because it is very heavy stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes