Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aren't domestic refrigerators good at keeping meals fresh and safe for at least one week?

As of Now I have no time to cook for myself because of the busy work and travel. I haven't started meal prepping since I wasn't sure about how safe it is to store cooked food in my refrigerator for one week. How do you manage meal prepping? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Floydshere , I'm going to start meal prepping for 5 days after I finish this response. I prep for 5 days at a time and keep the meals in Rubbermaid bowls with lids in the fridge. They're BPA free and microwavable. I'm prepping for spring rolls, I'll cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips and put them in a bowl. I'll cut up all the other ingredients and put them in separate containers. I'll assemble them for lunch each day. Or I'll cook a pork loin, broccoli, basmati rice, and sometimes sweet potato. I weigh them out and put each meal in a separate bowl with the lid on and into the fridge. I've never had a problem going bad but I never go over 5 days. There's plenty of meal prepping videos on YouTube. That's where I got my ideas. Works great.

Best Answer
0 Votes