Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakfast

I am new to Fitbit and the boards. 

I've got lunch and dinners covered- but I REALLY need some breakfast ideas, for working days. 

I have typically been a McDonalds girl.  Sausage muffin, hash brown, unsweet tea. 

I can't eat eggs. 

I really dislike all fruits, besides melons. The whole oat thing- not appealing either.  I think it's a texture thing here.  

I really need something enjoyable for breakfast- or the whole thing will be a failure, from the first meal of the day. 

I'd like something I can pick up on the way to work, or heat in the microwave/toaster at work. 

Thanks for you ideas and suggestions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I recommend make homemade waffles with 100% whole wheat flour, then seal them in a gallon size ziploc.

Have containers with portioned preferred nut butter and melon.

Make them on Sunday for the whole week, then during the week just pop them in the toaster, just like eggo waffles, but healthier, and grab your portioned nut butter and melon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are your goals in relation to expanding your horizons with new breakfast ideas? Do you want to lose weight, improve some aspects of your health etc., or are you happy with the way things are right now?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

You could make pancakes or crepes. It's quite easy and you can make it without eggs. Nothing else really comes to my head as you excluded pretty much everything that I eat for breakfast 😄 Even crepes I would use to wrap some fruits and yoghurt. If you don't like oats as an oatmeal or porridge you may try to turn it into oat-cakes or oat-fritters. Then they get crunchy 🙂 I'm really curious what others will recommend to you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cream or wheat, malto meal and farina can all be microwaved and many cold cereals are options.  Or make a smoothie - maybe you find drinking fruits more enjoyable than eating them?  A piece of whole grain toast and peanut butter would also be a healthy choice.  Or something less traditional - an Ezekiel tortilla quesadilla, you could add tomatoes and spinach.  Maybe look at other non traditionally breakfast foods or make a healthy muffin and freeze them for the week.  Lastly, swap out the tea for milk.  It will provide vitamin d and calcium, tea doesn't have any positives from McDonalds.  It is instant so you miss the antioxidants.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I knew someone who didn't really like breakfast food, and opted instead for a traditional lunch sandwich.  Maybe try a turkey or chicken sandwich (or half of one).  I also like a half peanut butter sandwich, usually substituting honey for jelly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes